Register free!
Search
 
     

Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #631  
Old 02-03-2013, 01:42 AM
PLS-Tx's Avatar
PLS-Tx PLS-Tx is online now
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatonpcat View Post
Nice fish!!
Thanks!!

I went out last Thursday and had a blast. Caught several Reds and brought home a limit. That's some goooooood eaten.

Hope everyone is not getting tired of seeing my fish pics.
Attached Images
 
__________________
over 40 years old
20 years in business
full time


Reply With Quote
  #632  
Old 03-01-2013, 07:44 AM
punt66's Avatar
punt66 punt66 is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Simsbury CT
Posts: 8,540
Ok, some good news to report. Just bought a Boston Whaler Rage Jet boat. It is now parked in the garage in my florida place. Bringing my skeeter down next week and will open up a guide service. Cant wait. Have it all plannedout in a business plan including marketing, structure and networking. Time to leave the rat race behind!
__________________
JP Landscaping


SOLO OPERATION
Reply With Quote
  #633  
Old 03-01-2013, 08:59 AM
gene gls's Avatar
gene gls gene gls is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Granville, Ma. 01034
Posts: 3,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by punt66 View Post
Ok, some good news to report. Just bought a Boston Whaler Rage Jet boat. It is now parked in the garage in my florida place. Bringing my skeeter down next week and will open up a guide service. Cant wait. Have it all plannedout in a business plan including marketing, structure and networking. Time to leave the rat race behind!
Wishing you the best.............What happened to Texas?
Reply With Quote
  #634  
Old 04-22-2013, 10:47 AM
punt66's Avatar
punt66 punt66 is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Simsbury CT
Posts: 8,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by gene gls View Post
Wishing you the best.............What happened to Texas?
Decided florida has a larger population of tourists = more business.
__________________
JP Landscaping


SOLO OPERATION
Reply With Quote
  #635  
Old 04-22-2013, 10:50 AM
punt66's Avatar
punt66 punt66 is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Simsbury CT
Posts: 8,540
Just got back from florida. Caught snake heads, large mouth, snook, tarpon, sea trout, whiting, jacks, and have yet to go into the keys. Cant wait till the big tarpon are in.
__________________
JP Landscaping


SOLO OPERATION
Reply With Quote
  #636  
Old 04-22-2013, 03:21 PM
gene gls's Avatar
gene gls gene gls is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Granville, Ma. 01034
Posts: 3,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by punt66 View Post
Decided florida has a larger population of tourists = more business.
What part??? My brother is near Winter Haven.
Reply With Quote
  #637  
Old 06-01-2013, 01:55 PM
Greg78's Avatar
Greg78 Greg78 is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Southwest, FL
Posts: 1,977
Quote:
Originally Posted by punt66 View Post
Ok, some good news to report. Just bought a Boston Whaler Rage Jet boat. It is now parked in the garage in my florida place. Bringing my skeeter down next week and will open up a guide service. Cant wait. Have it all plannedout in a business plan including marketing, structure and networking. Time to leave the rat race behind!
I'm happy for you punt. What part of Florida?
Reply With Quote
  #638  
Old 06-01-2013, 01:58 PM
Greg78's Avatar
Greg78 Greg78 is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Southwest, FL
Posts: 1,977
So I've been getting pretty board with my spinning and bait-casting set-ups so I've decided to teach myself to fly fish. Got a nice little starter combo 5-6wt rod reel combo with 6 wf fly line. Only been out practicing but managed to catch 2 fish a nice little Bluegill and a really good size Mayan Cichlid!! Caught them on a foam spider.



Reply With Quote
  #639  
Old 06-01-2013, 02:22 PM
Greg78's Avatar
Greg78 Greg78 is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Southwest, FL
Posts: 1,977
Bowfin I caught on ultralight spinning tackle. Was a nice extended battle with long runs!!

Reply With Quote
  #640  
Old 06-17-2013, 07:16 PM
GMLC's Avatar
GMLC GMLC is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 4,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg78 View Post
So I've been getting pretty board with my spinning and bait-casting set-ups so I've decided to teach myself to fly fish. Got a nice little starter combo 5-6wt rod reel combo with 6 wf fly line. Only been out practicing but managed to catch 2 fish a nice little Bluegill and a really good size Mayan Cichlid!! Caught them on a foam spider.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg78 View Post
Bowfin I caught on ultralight spinning tackle. Was a nice extended battle with long runs!!

Very nice. I love flyfishing and ultralight spinning.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:02 AM.

Page generated in 0.11488 seconds with 10 queries