Register free!

Old 04-22-2013, 05:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I can't get over the size of this guys shovel & the narrator said "quickly": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtEX...e_gdata_player
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-25-2013, 01:13 AM
LawnSite Member

How does the new one do? I have the old single spinner and it plain sucks.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:22 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam.neusbaum View Post
I can't get over the size of this guys shovel & the narrator said "quickly": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtEX...e_gdata_player
Posted via Mobile Device
Just watched this. Lmao....Hilarious...! There is no way way that guy will shovel at that rate... ALL DAY...!

Poor guy makes that top dresser look really fast.

BTW theme background music level is too loud in the video.

Narrator's voice is just a tad too sleepy time.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Exact Rototilling; 04-25-2013 at 01:27 AM.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I received an email this morning I'd like to share, notice that it was last week 4/16 & this was the first I'd heard anything. This is precisely why I should have been using Ricks service clause agreement all along:

Attention: Adam Neusbaum

Reference: Core Aeration – 04-16-2013
Leesburg, FL 34748

Thank you for doing such a fine job of the core aeration on our property here in Legacy of Leesburg on April 16, 2013.

HOWEVER, later that afternoon TruGreen arrived to fertilize our lawn and discovered a leaking sprinkler pipe.
The cause of the leak was determined to be a puncture to the pipe via one of your aeration equipment.

I was able to have the repairs made by one of our association lawn service workers as the photos below indicate.
The cost incurred was $22.00 (which I had to pay in cash) . . . extremely lower than charges if a licensed plumber had been hired.

I am requesting the cost of the repairs only (not the increase in my water bill) due to the aeration damage be reimbursed to me.

Thank you again for an excellent core aeration service.

Here's a link to the pics.
https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=1ec09...GuDFOy50vk7HwQ
Old 04-25-2013, 02:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Here's my 1st reply:
Thanks for letting me know. I'll mail a check out as soon as possible. On very rare occasions will we find that an irrigation line was not properly buried to the industry standard of 10-12".
Please contact the builder to access the entire systems depth before any future aeration service. Generally the shallow pipe is an added line where it wasn't trenched but rather hand dug. Deeper aeration plugs are perfectly fine so as long as all the lines were installed correctly.
I apologize for the inconvenience.

Adam Neusbaum
1-855-Cow-Poop
www.CompostCowManure.com
Old 04-25-2013, 02:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

And my 2nd mailing after I had some time to think about it.

Just curious, after identifying the leak that same day did you continue to run your normal watering times before the repair was made resulting in an increase to your water bill?
Adam Neusbaum

And now their response to my question:

Subject: Re: Sprinkler Repairs Required

Fortunately the water only ran for about 3-4 hours and it was only that one place in the back yard, but was flowing at a pretty good rate. I was able to turn off the water supply to the sprinkler system so hopefully our water bill will not be too much more.

Thank you for your fast response and the reimbursement. Perhaps we can send more business your way as we definitely were pleased with your work.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Any of you guys ever have a customer omit contacting you directly to address a repair and instead call someone else entirely to come & fix it & then hand you their bill? Common sense tells you to call the guy that broke it so he has the opportunity to fix it.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:18 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, Adam....you think they would give you a chance to fix it....especially since they liked your aeration job.

But on the bright side....you didn't have to drop everything to go fix the leak...and for $22.00 I'm sure your time and effort would cost you more in the long run. And the customer thanked you for your fast response to their problem....which speaks a lot on their opinion of you and your services.

I had an older couple today mark their cable line in their yard. The cable line is usually the one line that's never buried deep. I told them I would stay 2 feet off their line...since they didn't want to call Julie (free service in IL...that marks water, electric, cable, and gas lines).

So once I finished...the man came out to pay me, and I asked if the cable was still working....and he say "Yes"....but before I started the job today...I made sure that we agreed on what I was going to do. Taking a few more minutes on a job, can get you: good customer, future work for friends and family, and builds on customer's trust.

So it was a win, win!!!

Take the few minutes with the customer....it really will pay off in the end.
2011 John Deere Pro Gator 2020a
2011 Lawn Solution Dual Hyrdo Aerator 24"
2011 Echo Handheld (trimmers to power pruners)
2007 Big Tex 4ft metal high side 7' x 12' Trailer
2012 PJ 7' x 16' Dump Trailer
2014 Vintage 8.5' x 24' Enclosed Trailer
2012 Ecolawn Applicator model 200 Compost Spreader
Old 04-26-2013, 03:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Rick- You are right on about the easy for me $22 fix 'cause this job was out of my normal service area anyway & it would have been a pain getting back there. I just got a little touchy over the "cheaper than a licensed plumber comment" 'cause if they'd tried handing me an $80 bill without notifying me first I'd have been really irritated. Then the "won't charge your for our increased water bill" was a bit silly since they found the leak the same day.
On a different note: Ever think about attaching a 30" + push broom head to the underside foot platform on our Exmarks as a mini drag-mat? With all the maneuvering we do a regular drag mat wouldn't work. Most callers ask what we do with the plugs afterward. I tell them how quickly they'll break down & besides for me personally it's a great attention grabber which makes passerby's think- "maybe we should get that done", I'd sorta hate for hit to look like nothing happened with the plugs gone but it'd probably be more beneficial to the lawn to knock 'em down.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I bought TurfEx's dethatching, broom sweeper, and flex hitch...which fits on My ExMark Mower. But I never thought of attaching the brooms....because they just sit in My garage.

I wonder if you linked some chains together behind the riding aerator....so as you pulled plugs....the chain would break them up a bit.

I used to use a chain to my walk behind JD to bend the grass so I could get better stripes! It worked good.

So I would think looping a chain behind the aerator would work.
2011 John Deere Pro Gator 2020a
2011 Lawn Solution Dual Hyrdo Aerator 24"
2011 Echo Handheld (trimmers to power pruners)
2007 Big Tex 4ft metal high side 7' x 12' Trailer
2012 PJ 7' x 16' Dump Trailer
2014 Vintage 8.5' x 24' Enclosed Trailer
2012 Ecolawn Applicator model 200 Compost Spreader