Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-23-2013, 09:57 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorLandscapingLLC View Post
Also, i guess this would answer a few other questions as well. My wife is in the Air Force. We have been married 10 years this may, and we are both 28. we have 2 young children. a 5 year old boy and a 3 year old girl. it worked out to my advantage i guess. lol. Since shes in the mil, every time i get a business rolling and get a clientele i have to up and move to another base. This third time, i went to the police academy since my career field/profession is law enforcement, just in a different state. its really competitive where im at and im tired of waiting for hiring freezes to lift and what not so i decided to just do what ive done in the past. Re start my lawn care biz.

before it was always word of mouth jobs on the side apart from my full time LE job. this time, i am a stay at home dad going stir crazy. I went out and bought a 2013 Exmark Lazer Z 52". wife was thrilled I still had a couple stihl power tools but decided to buy a new stihl trimmer, as well as the extended hedge trimmers they have. pretty nice tool if i do say so myself. got a brand new 14' tandem axle trailer and tossed some extreme trimmer racks and backpack blower rack on. I incorporated, applied for insurance under my parameters and boom the business line starts ringing. i dont know how because i have yet to start a marketing campaign but ive had 5 calls in 2 days. it puts some cash in my pocket, gets me out of the house and teaches my children about ambition and motivation. I call the shots like always, and ive got 2 HOA bids ive been asked to submit in the last week. thats me in a nutshell.
I know what you are going threw
My sister was a Captain in the Army My brother in law He tried so many things and did many things Stay home dad but Seem like every 4 years they moved and his business had to start all over
This is for your Wife