Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-24-2013, 08:32 AM
LawnSite Member

Garden Bed Re-Construction Question

My girlfriend's grandmother just moved back to Pa from Las Vegas not too long ago into a development down the street from me. I have been doing weekly lawn maintenance and other little things for her. The other day she asked me if i could completely re-do her front garden bed. Right now it is a stone base, (fairly small stones) instead of mulch and it is filled with english ivy. the ivy is well kept but i have no idea how deep the roots are as they have been growing there since the house was built. i have a kubota bx22 backhoe that i can use to get the stones and stuff out. after the bed is rid of the ivy and stone, she wants me to egde and mulch. i have a price for edging and mulching but i have no idea what to charge for taking out the stones and ivy. the dimensions of the bed are as follows: It is about 6 feet wide and about 18 feet long. it runs along the front of the house. if anyone could give me a baseline of what to charge i would be greatly appreciative. Thanks!
Trevor
Old 04-24-2013, 04:20 PM
LawnSite Member

If it were me, I would work out how much it was going to cost me to get the equipment on-site and use it, then add on whatever I wanted to make as profit.