Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-28-2013, 02:08 PM
LawnSite Member

Hello from NY

Hello all,

Just wanted to say hello and give you all a little info about me.
I've been in the military for 11 years now and for quite some time had the same plan in my head for employment after i retire. I want to start my own Lawn care business. I have always enjoyed lawn maintenance, in fact i was one of those young kids that went around town cutting grass for people. I currently live on 6 acres of land and mow about 3.5 acres weekly.
I know it will be some time before i am an actual business, but i like to do research. I love these forums as they are quite informative.
I plan on being a one man business and attempting to have about 30 customers per week. Mostly mow, trim, and blow. I can do some other various things, such as mulching, tilling, brush hog work, etc.. This income will supplement my pension and my wifeís income as a teacher. Also, the fact that she is a teacher provides cheap labor during the summer months During the winter months, i plan on plowing drives to keep a little cash flow going.
I also will provide food plotting services for those hunters that would like it. I do this now, part time during the spring and fall. I have my own equipment to successfully install food plots. I have been doing my own for many years.
I'm excited about this site and look forward to gaining knowledge from you pro's that are already successful. Nice to meet you all.