Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-28-2013, 09:45 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddseedd View Post
they make such good dogs. is a shame people train them to be like that
Yep! In my experience they are one of the most loyal dogs. It can be used for good or bad.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-28-2013, 11:01 AM
LawnSite Member

Excellent question! I ALWAYS carry concealed an XD 9mm sub compact. IWB CrossBreed holster. Very comfortable for all day carry. I live and work in a fairly safe city, but it has it's bad spots. I large CHURCH that we serviced for several years once had 2 drive-by shootings in less than two weeks!

16' Doolittle: custom made line spool mount, custom blower mount, custom gate assist.

48" eXmark TT HP 17hp Kaw
54" John Deere walk-behind: first mower and still runs strong! SOLD
60" eXmark TT HP 20hp Kohler

STIHL: FS90R, Edger, MS290 Farm Boss, MS440 w/30" bar, blower/shredder vac, back pack blower.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:10 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCLawn and more View Post
Its first jacksonite I've met on here, welcome to the site man. I live in Jackson county. They're are lot of mean Dogs in jackson. I mowed a lawn next to a house where I am pretty sure the pitbulls he had were raised for dog fighting. He had them caged inside of a fence, they would of killed me if they could of.
Haha, hadnt noticed that it has my location on. Since we are in the same area, Have you started mowing this year yet? Ive been doing clean ups, gunna start mowing tomorrow. Man i wish it was like last year (except for not hardly having any rain)
Old 04-28-2013, 03:30 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyPlastic View Post
Haha, hadnt noticed that it has my location on. Since we are in the same area, Have you started mowing this year yet? Ive been doing clean ups, gunna start mowing tomorrow. Man i wish it was like last year (except for not hardly having any rain)
Ill be mowing half my lawns this week. Most everything in Coldwater was mowed last week and clarklake and farwell lake should of been mowed last week. I am trying to get my clean ups done. Oh and grass lake is ready too.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-28-2013, 03:42 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCLawn and more View Post
Ill be mowing half my lawns this week. Most everything in Coldwater was mowed last week and clarklake and farwell lake should of been mowed last week. I am trying to get my clean ups done. Oh and grass lake is ready too.
Posted via Mobile Device
Nice. Sounds like you have alot of work. This is only my 2nd year and i only have 30 customers, all in jackson. Ive had some offers to do bank owned property but they only want to pay $15. I would rather grow slowly and get good long term customers. For the ammount of driving they wanted me to do $15 is wayy to cheep.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:45 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Nice. Sounds like you have alot of work. This is only my 2nd year and i only have 30 customers, all in jackson. Ive had some offers to do bank owned property but they only want to pay $15. I would rather grow slowly and get good long term customers. For the ammount of driving they wanted me to do $15 is wayy to cheep.
Good choice. They are getting paid upwards of $80 for 15,000 square feet or less, they'd be getting rich why you're going broke.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg78 View Post
Good choice. If you knew what they were getting paid to do them you'd probably throw-up.
Yea, thats part of the reason i didnt take it. A few years ago i worked for a property preservation company. We were getting $35 for normal suburban sized yards, and alot more for the big ones. I told this guy i would do it for $25 up to an acre. He said they were only paying him $20. I actually LOLed. Either hes getting ripped off or hes trying to rip me off.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:55 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Yea, thats part of the reason i didnt take it. A few years ago i worked for a property preservation company. We were getting $35 for normal suburban sized yards, and alot more for the big ones. I told this guy i would do it for $25 up to an acre. He said they were only paying him $20. I actually LOLed. Either hes getting ripped off or hes trying to rip me off.
He's probably the 4th sub in line from the national company. There is probably a National Company subbing to a regional company subbing to another company that he is subbing from. Too many hands in the cookie jar, last one in gets crumbs!!!
Old 04-28-2013, 03:58 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

$25 up to an acre is still way to cheap. I get $65 for an acre on bank owned and still want to charge more since they are EOW and the grass can get pretty tall in 2 weeks. Thankfully I've only had one in the last year that was an acre.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:59 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg78 View Post
He's probably the 4th sub in line from the national company. There is probably a National Company subbing to a regional company subbing to another company that he is subbing from. Too many hands in the cookie jar, last one in gets crumbs!!!
I might go hit up my old boss (we are still cool). He gets his work straight from Safeguard. I think im gunna try and build my buisness myself tho, dont wanna feel like im working for someone else.