Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-23-2013, 11:30 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzLawnMan View Post
Its a great service to charge for but, shouldnt the end result be the best looking turf for your customer? So if you told your customer, "I think your turf will benefit from aeration but, I do charge." Just doesnt make sense to me. What if your customer declines for financial reasons? Or better yet simply says "Isnt it your job to make sure my turf is in tip top form?" I aerate all my properties every year, for free. If the turf is green and they see that things I include in my service, then they truly do know "the grass is not greenier on the other side." And Im not talking about small residential homes, Im talking about 20 acre commercial properties. For instance, I took over a 16 acre facility and the turf was sub par, within 30 days we had the property looking so good, we picked up the other 6 properties they had. Just my opion is all
You are so right. I do this for many of my customers because not only do you make them happy, they will be anxious to tell others. The benefit is their beautiful yard is a testament of your hard work. Think of it as free advertisement. So many people are caught up on the word "Free". If I have a chance to make money and I see potential by doing it free, I wil. Good Post Azlawnman
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-24-2013, 12:47 AM
LawnSite Member

Yes smart decision.

After your mowers and trimmers very important piece of equipment in your lawn care line up. Sell on the service, good money and solid benefits to your customers lawn. I have a turf co paid for its self first season, yes buy one.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:15 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought my bluebird aerator from a rental place for 350$ bucks, spent 150$ bucks on it to change the sprockets, chains, new wheels, greased it up and it was good to go. Paid itself in the first day.

On a normal day we do anywhere from 10-30 aeration, 10 being a slow day, 30 being a very intense day. That is with 1 labor on the machine. 20 aeration in a day at 60$ each, 2500sq/feet lawns = good profit. People cut grass here at 25 bucks a cut, while i do the aeration for the same time for 3 times the money.
Complete lawn care services