Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-29-2013, 11:29 PM
LawnSite Member

Bobcat s 70 vs ditch witch sk750

I am thinking about doing a power lease on the s70 for 274 per month for 36 months. I really like the ditch witch sk650/750 and the xt855, but the s70 seems a lot more affordable. We do a lot of mulch and drainage work (tile & wells). My main concern is the s70 will tear up the grass a lot more than the sk750. Anyone have any feedback?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-30-2013, 09:09 AM
LawnSite Member

Neither...

Unless you really need to sit down, the stand on mini tracked skidsteers are much more versatile. The mini ride in units are overpriced for their value. I would not buy a bobcat mini skid, because the attachments are different than all the other brands - Ditch Witch, Vermeer, Boxer, Toro/Dingo... All use the same attachment hookups. Bobcat does not.

In the past, our landscapers have preferred Dingo units, but we are in the process of switching to Vermeer because of some service issues on the Dingo's.

If possible get the diesel models, it's worth the extra $. They will last much longer and are much more powerful. The gas units are not very durable.

Good luck!
Old 04-30-2013, 09:23 AM
LawnSite Member

Thank you for the advice.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:32 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

sk755 all day long.

I said it once, i will say it again. IMO Those small backhoes are garbage......
Old 04-30-2013, 10:53 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

xt855 is a backhoe. the new 755 blows everything out of the water in a head to head overal comparison.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:49 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

It all depends on what your doing.. I do alot of grading work and when it comes to grading and cutting dirt its just alot easier and faster with an s70..I like the machine a lot it has a ton of power for such a small machine.. Also snow removal is a plus for me because i have cab and heat. But im also looking into getting another mt 52 im wishing now i never sold mine because it will go places that the s70 wont.. Tracks are def a plus when you have those wet days. I also had a trencher on the mt 52 and its alot easier to use it on the mt then it is on the s70..

I wish bobcat would make a 3' wide t70 and call it a day
Old 04-30-2013, 10:34 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsops View Post
It all depends on what your doing.. I do alot of grading work and when it comes to grading and cutting dirt its just alot easier and faster with an s70..I like the machine a lot it has a ton of power for such a small machine.. Also snow removal is a plus for me because i have cab and heat. But im also looking into getting another mt 52 im wishing now i never sold mine because it will go places that the s70 wont.. Tracks are def a plus when you have those wet days. I also had a trencher on the mt 52 and its alot easier to use it on the mt then it is on the s70..

I wish bobcat would make a 3' wide t70 and call it a day
I would buy that in a second! I demoed a terex pt30 and its insane but 4' is just an inbetween size. I need 3' or 6'.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-26-2014, 04:38 PM
LawnSite Member

Im looking to buy a mini tracked machine, I regularly rent a VERMEER 800 and have gotten pricing on it, but now am looking at Ditch witch SK755 also. Has anyone used both first hand? Any experiences good or bad with either machine?

My experiences:

Vermeer S800tx: PROS: very powerful, seems durable, easy to control
Cons: expensive, heavy, drivers platform has no suspension

bobcat MT55: PROS: easy controls, decent power
Cons: mounting platform is brutal (digs in when backing up on soft surfices, very bumpy), bobcat name

Thanks
Old 03-26-2014, 10:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I demoed both the Vermeer s650tx and Ditch Witch sk750. The Vermeer seemed to be a rougher ride than the DW. The Vermeer did have some nice controls, but I didn't care for having to remain on the unit due to the safety switch. Power was great on the sk750. I was much happier with the performance on the DW vs. the Vermeer.
Old 03-27-2014, 12:29 AM
LawnSite Member

Great thanks for the advise.