Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center



Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #11  
Old 04-30-2013, 01:14 AM
GreenHammer's Avatar
GreenHammer GreenHammer is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Eugene, Oregon
Posts: 69
Stihl,Stihl, Stihl, Stihl get it right the first time and buy a stihl.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-30-2013, 01:16 AM
Ridin' Green Ridin' Green is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrassGuerilla View Post
I'm just curious, does anyone use the blower attachment for either? It looks awkward at best.
Posted via Mobile Device
That's one attachment I'll never buy for my Stihl trimmers. I would much rather use my old SH85 any day. Lighter and less clumsy to work with.

Now if you could figure a way to use the blower attachment as some sort of blow gun/dartgun deal, then yea, I'm in.......
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-30-2013, 01:23 AM
M&L M&L is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Central Valley
Posts: 245
Id take the Stihl over the Echo, but at 90bucks plus tax, Id spend an extra $50 and get a regular hand held blower.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-30-2013, 01:41 AM
dropnbassonu dropnbassonu is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 10
I can imagine it would be less clumsy to use than a handheld blower, but from every forum result I can find across the web, people agreed the Kombi attachment pushed more cfm and had more power than the 85 handheld. Most people who said this also only had the 110 too, I can imagine what the 130 would do. Well, I guess I don't have to imagine - this video does a pretty good job of showing me.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNModXvCbAc

Also, I have an electric Toro handheld blower that works surprisingly well if I actually need to use a handheld.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-30-2013, 01:53 AM
9ball1018 9ball1018 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 110
Get the stihl have one and love it
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-30-2013, 01:56 AM
Ridin' Green Ridin' Green is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by dropnbassonu
I can imagine it would be less clumsy to use than a handheld blower, but from every forum result I can find across the web, people agreed the Kombi attachment pushed more cfm and had more power than the 85 handheld. Most people who said this also only had the 110 too, I can imagine what the 130 would do. Well, I guess I don't have to imagine - this video does a pretty good job of showing me.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNModXvCbAc

Also, I have an electric Toro handheld blower that works surprisingly well if I actually need to use a handheld.



No, not even close to the power of the 85/86 hand helds. Ask your dealer to demo them both for you.

According to Stil's info on their site the BG KM blower delivers 121-157 MPH. The BG86 will deliver from 154-190 MPH and from 359-459 CFM depending on whether you use the flat or round nozzles. They don't show CFM for the KM blower.

That's light saw dust in that vid. Believe me my old SH 85 would do a lot more than that on it. I know because I have used it for just that purpose several times.

I think you meant that the hand held would be less clumsy. It is.

Last edited by Ridin' Green; 04-30-2013 at 02:00 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-30-2013, 02:14 AM
dropnbassonu dropnbassonu is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
No, not even close to the power of the 85/86 hand helds. Ask your dealer to demo them both for you.

According to Stil's info on their site the BG KM blower delivers 121-157 MPH. The BG86 will deliver from 154-190 MPH and from 359-459 CFM depending on whether you use the flat or round nozzles. They don't show CFM for the KM blower.
I'm sure you're right, but I was just going off of this thread on here http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=376857 I'll take a look tomorrow when I'm there and see for myself I guess.

There's a SH85C locally I saw on Craigslist for $125. The thing looks brand new. Maybe if I can get him to come down I'll have a winner.......
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-30-2013, 09:25 AM
Ridin' Green Ridin' Green is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by dropnbassonu View Post
I'm sure you're right, but I was just going off of this thread on here http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=376857 I'll take a look tomorrow when I'm there and see for myself I guess.

There's a SH85C locally I saw on Craigslist for $125. The thing looks brand new. Maybe if I can get him to come down I'll have a winner.......
Are you in MI? I just saw one here on CL for the same money, and it sounds like it was the same machine. That's a good price for that machine because it comes with the vacume bag and shredder blade already installed on the intake fan. That is what I have, and it does work well. Plus, for $25 or so, you can get the gutter cleaning kit. that things ia a real handy attachment.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-30-2013, 09:27 AM
dropnbassonu dropnbassonu is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
Are you in MI? I just saw one here on CL for the same money, and it sounds like it was the same machine. That's a good price for that machine because it comes with the vacume bag and shredder blade already installed on the intake fan. That is what I have, and it does work well. Plus, for $25 or so, you can get the gutter cleaning kit. that things ia a real handy attachment.
Actually in NC.....here it is, what do you think? http://winstonsalem.craigslist.org/tls/3758651895.html
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-30-2013, 09:33 AM
GrassGuerilla GrassGuerilla is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: St. Louis Missouri
Posts: 1,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by dropnbassonu View Post
Actually in NC.....here it is, what do you think? http://winstonsalem.craigslist.org/tls/3758651895.html
Better be quick... That's a good deal (provided it runs as it should). I'm not a big fan of used handhelds, but it looks like a deal.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
echo pas-266 , stihl km130r

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:51 AM.

Page generated in 0.09116 seconds with 9 queries