Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 04-30-2013, 08:48 AM
Ridin' Green Ridin' Green is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,427
Agreed.^^^^^
I wonder if it is a scam ad? It looks about identical to the one I saw listed conditionwise.

Yes, grab it if it runs right. The older 85's seem to be better machines than the newer 86's with their epa crap. Mine is 11 years old and still going strong, and I've uesed the snot outta mine. Only thing I've changed on it is the feul filter, and that was just this year.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-30-2013, 09:56 AM
caseysmowing caseysmowing is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Staunton VA
Posts: 1,258
I use the blower attachment for the km130. It does have more cfm then the handhelds and the br500/br550. You can get up
Under the truck and trailer with it good too. I have the 90km and the 130km with lots of att. What I like about having two of them is if one would ever act up in the field just switch it over to the other one to get you threw the day. I don't have a blower rack on my trailer so I just take the two trimmers out and it gets the job done. Don't like leaving a $500 br600 out on the trailer unlocked.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-30-2013, 10:04 AM
dropnbassonu dropnbassonu is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
Agreed.^^^^^
I wonder if it is a scam ad? It looks about identical to the one I saw listed conditionwise.

Yes, grab it if it runs right. The older 85's seem to be better machines than the newer 86's with their epa crap. Mine is 11 years old and still going strong, and I've uesed the snot outta mine. Only thing I've changed on it is the feul filter, and that was just this year.
With it being such a great deal supposedly, how much do you think a fair price would be?
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-30-2013, 10:04 AM
dropnbassonu dropnbassonu is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by caseysmowing View Post
I use the blower attachment for the km130. It does have more cfm then the handhelds and the br500/br550. You can get up
Under the truck and trailer with it good too. I have the 90km and the 130km with lots of att. What I like about having two of them is if one would ever act up in the field just switch it over to the other one to get you threw the day. I don't have a blower rack on my trailer so I just take the two trimmers out and it gets the job done. Don't like leaving a $500 br600 out on the trailer unlocked.
Posted via Mobile Device
This is exactly what I wanted to hear, somebody who has the blower attachment with the 130 head and has used it. Are you happy with it? Would you rather have the hand held or your attachment?
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-30-2013, 10:11 AM
Ridin' Green Ridin' Green is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by dropnbassonu View Post
With it being such a great deal supposedly, how much do you think a fair price would be?
Posted via Mobile Device
That is a fair price, but since it says 125, I am guessing they are planning on coming down to 100. Still, I wouldn't ley 25 beat me out of a good deal. It won't last long at that price either.

I don't care what the guy above posted, it doesn't have more power than the HH's do and certainly not more than a 550. Go to your dealer and test them out on real world debris.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 04-30-2013, 10:35 AM
caseysmowing caseysmowing is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Staunton VA
Posts: 1,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by dropnbassonu View Post
This is exactly what I wanted to hear, somebody who has the blower attachment with the 130 head and has used it. Are you happy with it? Would you rather have the hand held or your attachment?
Posted via Mobile Device
I am happy with it and it's hard to beat the price to have a decent blower with no maint. I've never used a handheld before so I can't compare. What I can say is you might get tired of switching the att back and forth on every yard. I find the blower att
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-30-2013, 10:43 AM
caseysmowing caseysmowing is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Staunton VA
Posts: 1,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by dropnbassonu View Post
This is exactly what I wanted to hear, somebody who has the blower attachment with the 130 head and has used it. Are you happy with it? Would you rather have the hand held or your attachment?
Posted via Mobile Device
I am happy with it and it's hard to beat the price to have a decent blower with no maint. I've never used a handheld before so I can't compare. What I can say is you might get tired of switching the att back and forth on every yard. I find the blower att to be easier and sufficient instead of throwing on a backpack for a little grass on a driveway and sidewalk. You are stuck in a hard spot. Buy the att and switch a lot, spend more money on a HH and be more efficient, or buy a br600 and get some leaf jobs in the fall. I would go with the 600 and also buy the att for backup. It's really a money and efficient thing to me. I also didn't say it had more power just more cfm. You have to factor in the mph too. I really don't know why they make the 500/550 anyway.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-30-2013, 10:56 AM
caseysmowing caseysmowing is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Staunton VA
Posts: 1,258
Another problem with the trimmer and blower setup is trimmer racks. To keep it locked you would have to have a one place trimmer rack setup just for it. Just something to think about. I keep mine in the back of the truck. Not the best idea.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 04-30-2013, 04:21 PM
GrassGuerilla GrassGuerilla is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: St. Louis Missouri
Posts: 1,410
Quote:
Originally Posted by dropnbassonu View Post
With it being such a great deal supposedly, how much do you think a fair price would be?
Posted via Mobile Device
Used ones typically go for 100-150.The handheld mentioned came with the vac attachment kit. Kinda nice for cleaning out around bushes. It was around $300 new. So $100 is a great deal if its in good shape (as it appears). I'd feel like I stole it for $125 or under.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 04-30-2013, 05:58 PM
dropnbassonu dropnbassonu is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrassGuerilla View Post
Used ones typically go for 100-150.The handheld mentioned came with the vac attachment kit. Kinda nice for cleaning out around bushes. It was around $300 new. So $100 is a great deal if its in good shape (as it appears). I'd feel like I stole it for $125 or under.
Posted via Mobile Device
Unfortunately it doesn't come with the attachments to vacuum, so that would be an out of pocket expense
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
echo pas-266 , stihl km130r

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:31 AM.

Page generated in 0.07410 seconds with 9 queries