Register free!

Old 04-30-2013, 10:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Imidacloprid ?

Ted, not sure where you are at but in SE michigan the imidacloprid works best when applied in mid to late July. Adult jap beetles are flying around having their orgies around the fourth of July and baby grubs start feeding in late august.
Old 05-24-2013, 04:18 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassmasterswilson View Post
I will be spraying mine this year. The product cost for spraying was cheaper than spreading. I will use a zspray and my machine cost are pretty close whether spread or spray.
What kind of prices is everyone is paying per acre? Granule/liquid.
Old 05-24-2013, 04:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Around $40 per acre. Merit 75 WSP mini drum agency priced.

Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
Benjamin Franklin Poor Richard's Almanac1738
Old 05-24-2013, 04:31 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArTurf View Post
What kind of prices is everyone is paying per acre? Granule/liquid.
Haven't priced it recently. My January 2013 price request for products says $92 per gallon for 2f. I will need to check and see if the price has changed.
Old 05-24-2013, 05:22 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

That's a good price. About $18 per acre. If I want generic imidacloprid, it has to be shipped in from out of state. Making it cost about as much as Merit. Liquids kill me because of the weight.

Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
Benjamin Franklin Poor Richard's Almanac1738
Old 05-24-2013, 09:08 PM
LawnSite Member

I pay around $54/gallon for a generic called Adonis 2f. We apply at .6oz/k for suppresion of chinch bugs and mole cricket control. $12/acre. So far so good..
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-27-2013, 04:23 PM
LawnSite Member

@ Ted - 0.5g we have found works best here, i have tried the 75 wettable on shrubs for mainly scale and whiteflies (not on turf for grubs, so can't tell you there), wasn't to impressed, but as you may know - imidacloprid according to label and reviews is a contact/systemic and every time after when i used the .5g on shrubs i had much more pleasing results in ways of pest control, but timing is crucial.

I was so pleased with the results of the .5g that we now use it for grub control on customer's lawns that wish to pay for a preventative treatment, most times this would mean they get grubs every year for 2-3 years consecutively - we simply leave them a note on their invoice, with option to approve or disapprove the treatment and i'd say around 90% of them pay for this treatment now, and the ones that don't - we end up having to use dylox on them and well as you noticed, this can sometimes be to late for good recovery and that customer quickly learns that the preventative may not be a bad idea, not to mention the armyworm problem we had on the hybrid bermudas last fall - only multiplied the problems. And for the record, grubs are a big problem here, not so much in the past, but in recent years i have been seeing them in almost all the lawns we maintain, atleast the zoysia and bermuda lawns - not so much in the St. Aug or centipedes. And there are more chafer beetles out than you really see right now - i guess the one week of hot temps in April triggered them because the other day i sprayed talstar around my house and my carport had dozens of chafer type beetles on their backs, was fairly impressive.

Seems most grub damage, visible damage here anyhow is in late summer to early fall, so we go out late june into july and its always done great for us.