Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-30-2013, 06:19 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The vac kit truly doesn't see much use. It's too small and slow to do any real volume. Kinda handy to suck a couple leaves out from under bushes in beds. But I won't be buying another.

On most any small property the handheld is my go to. Some little jobs are done before most guys would have their backpack started and strapped on.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-30-2013, 06:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dropnbassonu View Post
I'm sure you're right, but I was just going off of this thread on here http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=376857 I'll take a look tomorrow when I'm there and see for myself I guess.

There's a SH85C locally I saw on Craigslist for $125. The thing looks brand new. Maybe if I can get him to come down I'll have a winner.......
Ive got one, mine might be a sh86, I use it to vacumn hedge clippings out of pine straw, and a back up blower. Its a pos for me, it has poor vacumn and Ive replaced the bag at the cost of 60$ and at least 8 blades at 18$ each, last summer the muffler fell off and the bolts were broke off in the cylinder housing, and theres basically jb weld holding the muffler on. The unit is 5 years old.
Has a handheld blower its not all that great eighter. I dont know about the kombi blower because Ive never tried one.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:30 PM
LawnSite Member

Pulled the trigger and ordered the Stihl deal as mentioned. Will be in Thursday! Thanks for your help, I'll report back with my initial impressions.
Old 10-08-2014, 08:45 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I know this is old but how is it holding up?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-08-2014, 09:32 PM
LawnSite Member

I've been running the km130 for 3 seasons now and love it. I have almost every attachment. I use the blower attachment more than anything, sometimes it gets old changing from trimmer head to blower but once you use it, its quick to do. The only blower that will beat it is the 600. Its not awkward at all, just like using a trimmer. The 130 has a lot of power and with the trimmer head will eat about anything, to much for normal trimming so I use it only when I need to. Locking them up is a problem, now I just lock them under my tonneau cover. I plan to make some kind of a lockable rack for the trailer. Biggest plus is having all the attachments with you, when a customer ask for something extra to be done.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Awesome! I actually just now got one. So is it really to much for reg trimming (not like nice maintained props. More like cut it down or semi nice? ) thanks and glad to hear!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-09-2014, 06:42 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The kombi blower is very weak. I would definitely invest in a back pack blower. The powersweep attachment is also useless. I have 2kombis that are good.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-09-2014, 10:21 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by recycledsole View Post
The kombi blower is very weak. I would definitely invest in a back pack blower. The powersweep attachment is also useless. I have 2kombis that are good.
Posted via Mobile Device
If you are talking about this one-

http://www.stihlusa.com/products/mul...ents/kwpwrswp/

I couldn't disagree more. I love it. It has saved me so much time and money for the last two years, especially during spring clean-ups that it paid for itself the first job out.

The bristle attachments are not so great except for sweeping brick pavers or the like.

Tags
echo pas-266 , stihl km130r