Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-28-2013, 04:04 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Nice... I had to Google that to see what you were talking about. Looks like a nice spot there. I've got a whole bunch of pictures from a couple lakes in the mountains over here. The one above though is the place I visit most frequent. My other hangout up that way takes an extra half hour to drive to, and it's a steep windy road all the way down (elevation 3,100 feet). Dang nice spot though. There's another lake in that same area that I really like, but it's really a pain to get to. Gotta hike down some rugged terrain since I haven't found a good way to drive to it.
Old 04-28-2013, 06:30 AM
LawnSite Member

Here in SW Ohio the temperatures have been running 20* below normal.

But "normal" for this time of year is for the weather to swing wildly from one extreme to another. I carry all my work clothes in the truck. From shorts to snowmobile suit.
Old 04-28-2013, 01:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

According to a report posted on WeatherSpark.com, we're running about 10 to 15 degrees above normal. Hopefully this trend doesn't continue because if it does, then summer is going to be sweltering that much more.
Old 04-30-2013, 04:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Well, today isn't quite as warm as expected. We're at 89 with some lovely wind over here. On the lighter side of things, I've been getting calls for irrigation repair jobs, so at least I get to "play" in the sprinklers while it's toasty out. Perks of the job!
Old 04-30-2013, 10:22 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

lucky you. noone here has sprinkler systems so when it's hot and dry all we get to do is play in the dust.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I ended up spending close to 2 hours today trying to fix 2 different sprinkler systems. One of them is finished while the other is "to be continued" since I didn't have enough replacement sprinkler head nozzles to get every last one. Still need to swap out 2 of them that aren't covering enough area sufficiently. In all honesty, irrigation work isn't one of my favorite tasks, but it comes with the job. At least the weather is suitable for it.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:10 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Weather has been good here sp far. Low 80s with lower humidity. If we can get through May like this i will be thrilled.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-30-2013, 11:32 PM
LawnSite Member

Here in North Central WI were running 20 degrees below normal, had to plow snow 2 weeks ago and the last 3 days have been 74 77 82 today and we are supposed to freeze again for a few nights starting tommorow.
Remember, no such thing as global warming
Old 04-30-2013, 11:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

That humidity down there in FL is no joke. Last time I was down there was in 2001, but I remember it well. Glasses fogged up immediately soon as I stepped foot out of the airport. It wasn't my first trip to the east coast or southern states, but it's always kind of a "shock" of sorts when you're not accustomed to that kind of humidity.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:33 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeze View Post
yikes. it's the opposite here in the south. normally it's in the 80s or 90s this time of year but it's been in the 60s. it's like summer is never gonna get here but that would be a nice change of pace. i hate it when it's 100F with 90% humidity outside.
I'll take the hot & humid weather over the crap we have coming tomorrow through Sunday. It's been in the 70s & 80s and now we're forecast for snow tmrw night and just cold & crappy weather (nothing above about 45) until Monday when it'll be 70 again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickpilgrim View Post
Here in North Central WI were running 20 degrees below normal, had to plow snow 2 weeks ago and the last 3 days have been 74 77 82 today and we are supposed to freeze again for a few nights starting tommorow.
Remember, no such thing as global warming
Nope! GOREbal warming is causing all this wild weather, gotta think outside the box .
I plowed a couple select areas in lots and shoveled & salted sidewalks last Tuesday morning and then froze my a$$ off at the Twins game that night even with spending a bunch of money on beer and whiskey drinks
Looks like starting tomorrow things will be back into the "winter time between snowfalls" where there isn't much to do! All my equipment is good to go except installing ECS controls on my Exmark Viking, all invoices are sent/up to date, thankfully I do have a landscape design to get handled coupled with the quotes for that project which entails irrigation installed, complete removal of the existing landscape and the existing lawn and a brand new lawn & landscape.
Exmark TTHP 36"
225 Gal MN Wanner Skid Sprayer
8' Boss RT3 Straight Blade

Licensed Applicator

Graduate - Anoka Technical College w/ Associate's in Hort/Landscape - May 2013
In business since Feb 2011
23 Years Old

When you have systems, you have control.