Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-29-2013, 12:32 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

i've only had 1 customer that bounced a check. the bank charged me $3 so i didn't worry about it. the customer just wrote me another check. i just ate the $3 charge. i guess i could've just told them to make the check out for $3 more but it wasn't a big deal. that is the only time that happened. all of their other checks never bounced. i just figure they made a mistake. it happens.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I don't do contracts for residential properties. Like others have stated its more effort than its worth. I've only had two bad checks. One was from a shady person and I should of known better but the other was from a regular client that swapped banks before I could cash the check he sent me. They sent me another check with enough to cover the fee for a bounced check from my bank.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmike View Post
You have a contract (service agreement) you can sue for the cost of the service. Without one you cant charge any kind of late fees, returned check fees, pretty much anything like that. Plus it looks more professional, if people dont want to sign a contract with you maybe you need to present yourself as a professional (not saying the guys who dont use them are not). If you have one you can also sue for damages, so say if you have payments for your truck, equipment, etc., you can sue for extra fees (if included in the contract but it needs to be written very well to get the client to sign ). Take a business law class before you choose not to include contracts. Very important in my mind.

No lawyer for small cases like this only the contract with signatures.
So what would you add to a standard proposal form like this. I would basically be using this as a service agreement.

http://www.ans-systems.com/qndp5568mnlndscpropsl.htm
Old 05-01-2013, 02:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler259 View Post
So what would you add to a standard proposal form like this. I would basically be using this as a service agreement.

That is basically what I did for my Service Agreement. Its just for protection my protection is what I tell the client.
Old 05-01-2013, 04:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler259 View Post

You should be good with that a contract must include an offer, acceptance (signature of buyer), legality (no illegal business meaning if you dont have a business license and your state/county requires one, you dont have a contract) even if it is signed, consideration (money). I think that is fine.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:51 PM
Banned

Okay so that form will work for all that then. Just getting my ducks in a row, appreciate the advice.

Tags
contracts , customer , money , time