Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-01-2013, 04:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

John Deere 797 2005

Rebuilt 797 72 inch cut 2005 model. Everything but the pumps rebuilt even the engine... Guy is asking $7000.00 is this a good price or is it high... Is this a good model? 29 hp liquid cooled kawasaki...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-01-2013, 04:26 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds like he's trying to recoup his rebuild costs and stlill make money for the machine itself. That's sounds too high to me for a machine that is at least 6 seasons old and probably more than that. Also, if it's an earlier one, it'll have the first edition 7 Iron deck. They are good decks, but they have a much lower BTS than the 7 Iron II or Pro decks out now.
Old 05-01-2013, 04:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

A lawn mower mechanic has it... It has been sitting for 2 years now since rebuild... If I could get if for a good price... Would it cut a a decent speed and be productive?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-02-2013, 01:18 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choppin View Post
A lawn mower mechanic has it... It has been sitting for 2 years now since rebuild... If I could get if for a good price... Would it cut a a decent speed and be productive?
Posted via Mobile Device
I never got to run one, but I've seen a few guys around here run them and they cut as fast as I'd ever care to go on the turf around here. I never mow at full sticks anyway. Either too rough, or not enough room to really make use of FS. Anyway, they always seemed to leave a great cut when I'd go over to look at it, but I know for sure they were running the later 7 Iron II decks on them and they have the faster BTS's.
Old 05-02-2013, 04:59 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Great machines. I used to run that exact machine. The motor does pretty well even with the 72". The deck cuts amazing, I always brag on this machine. If you could get it for less than that I would say go ahead.
Posted via Mobile Device