Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-02-2013, 06:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Had a similar issue. A new client (an elderly woman) needed a spring clean up. As I was saddling up the back pack to blow off the sidewalks she comes running (ok hobbling) out with a broom. Says " I don't want anybody blowing all that dust around". We parted ways. Things must have been different back in her day.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-05-2013, 07:37 PM
LawnSite Member

I had a client last year. Complained his last guy didn't cut behind the pool filter, shed or weed one small front garden. Made it a point to get that done every week. Even hit all weeds on the walk and patio. Kept this years renewal same price.... drove past and he got someone else.... really?
Old 05-05-2013, 08:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro 455 View Post
Yeah, he could have said it better. There is a campaign to keep lawn waste out of landfills. Composting leaves back into the lawns is good for the lawns and keeps them out of landfills.

I dunno how it is in SoCal, but here in Ohio you have to mulch them up with the mower. If they're really thick you have to put them in a compost heap. Then you need to watch the soil acidity and maybe add some lime.

It ain't as simple as "just leave the leaves".
Around here the landfill or as they call it 'convenience center' takes the leaves, branches...yard waste and shreds it up and mixes it up. Then, they allow the public to come in and have it for mulch/compost.

Old 05-05-2013, 08:40 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Just read this whole thread, these are great. Fortunately I don't have anything to add!!
Old 05-05-2013, 08:49 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by C & T Landscaping View Post
Around here the landfill or ats they call it 'convenience center' takes the leaves, branches...yard waste and shreds it up and mixes it up. Then, they allow the public to come in and have it for mulch/compost.
Yea, I love people that use this crap and can't understand why every weed in creation grows from it. Luckily my county burns it to help eradicate the invasive Brazilian Peppers.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-05-2013, 09:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
Yea, I love people that use this crap and can't understand why every weed in creation grows from it. Luckily my county burns it to help eradicate the invasive Brazilian Peppers.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yeap, never have used it. My sister asked me about it before and I told her it's not gunna be any good. Luckly for me...I have a huge field where I drop all yard waste off and let it decompose.

Old 05-06-2013, 10:39 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

we take care of a property for an older couple and the wife has a rose garden out back that she tinkers with (we are not allowed to touch it). well the husband hates it and every week he tells us how much he wants to rip them out.

well about 2 weeks ago he asks if i can get him some weed killer for the poison ivy in the woods so i pick up a 2.5 gallon jug of prosecutor from lesco and give it to him last week. he takes it walks over and dumped the whole thing of concentrate in the rose garden right in front of us. it was the funniest thing ive ever seen. needless to say im curious to see what it looks like this week. the whole back yard has to be dead by now.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:46 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tizzy View Post
we take care of a property for an older couple and the wife has a rose garden out back that she tinkers with (we are not allowed to touch it). well the husband hates it and every week he tells us how much he wants to rip them out.

well about 2 weeks ago he asks if i can get him some weed killer for the poison ivy in the woods so i pick up a 2.5 gallon jug of prosecutor from lesco and give it to him last week. he takes it walks over and dumped the whole thing of concentrate in the rose garden right in front of us. it was the funniest thing ive ever seen. needless to say im curious to see what it looks like this week. the whole back yard has to be dead by now.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:33 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:

OMG I can't begin to top that
Old 05-06-2013, 01:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:

Seems he may be ready for a divorce now lmao