Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 05-02-2013, 12:13 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zturncutter View Post
I don't ever recall being behind on mowing accounts the first week of May, if it doesn't stop raining soon I will be.
Yea, luckily im not behind but it is still raining now and more tomm supposedly. This is the weirdest spring since I've been in biz.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-02-2013, 02:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I mowed in the rain today. Had no choice. I work six days a week and can't afford to work Sunday. Sunday I want to enjoy myself on the beach after this crazy week.shrubs are growing fast and so are the weeds in the flowerbeds.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-02-2013, 05:46 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Took the day off today, the lawns were too wet this morning after a long night of rain and rain this morning. I have tomorrow to make it up, but with I am not sure that is going to happen either if the forecast is correct.
This is generally the time of year I start printing the old "proper watering practices" paper to hand out on the route when I come to dry lawns because people have either failed to care or failed to turn their irrigation back on to twice a week. Things they are a changing. If you thought you were busy before......well it will be here now. For you newbies ...now is when you screen your clients on the phone the best you can before rushing over to give a estimate, because every late payer in the county will realize that their lawn is a foot tall and hire the first sucker to arrive ....as it does not matter because they will not be paying

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 05-02-2013, 06:01 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landscape Poet View Post
Took the day off today, the lawns were too wet this morning after a long night of rain and rain this morning. I have tomorrow to make it up, but with I am not sure that is going to happen either if the forecast is correct.
This is generally the time of year I start printing the old "proper watering practices" paper to hand out on the route when I come to dry lawns because people have either failed to care or failed to turn their irrigation back on to twice a week. Things they are a changing. If you thought you were busy before......well it will be here now. For you newbies ...now is when you screen your clients on the phone the best you can before rushing over to give a estimate, because every late payer in the county will realize that their lawn is a foot tall and hire the first sucker to arrive ....as it does not matter because they will not be paying
That first cut doesn't get done without check in hand.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-02-2013, 06:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
That first cut doesn't get done without check in hand.
Posted via Mobile Device
and we have a winner. For one months service I might add!!!
Old 05-02-2013, 07:56 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
My Rain gage which is in the Middle of my yard away from everything has 4.5 inches of water in it this morning. It was empty Tuesday morning.

Ya, you got slammed with rain while I got drizzle. I was watching the radar. Only got .11 today. Started work early and by 10am it was raining here.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:03 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
I have tomorrow to make it up, but with I am not sure that is going to happen either if the forecast is correct.
It does not look like tomorrow is going to happen either as the forecast is showing too high a % of rain. Good news is that next week looks clear.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 05-02-2013, 11:41 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Looks like a busy weekend.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:00 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Looks like a busy weekend.
Not sure about that either, they are calling for rain here even on Saturday. Outlook = long thick lawns

Old 05-04-2013, 10:02 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Whats your opinion on the wolfsnout? Been thinking about getting a couple for myself and employee. Do you think they will be comfortable enough to wear when the summer gets here? With the summer rains they will be less need because of dust than dryer months but still lots of pollen and clipping debris out there I would like to avoid.
Got to try my WolfSnout today. I had a couple of extra leafy crap yards to hack down for a friend. I had high lift mulching blades on and had the deck down to 2". I had the snout and my foam rimmed safety glasses on. Total comfort. No leaf taste or grit in my mouth. Nothing up my nose. I rinsed it it in the ice chest water and my face stayed nice and cool. Well worth the 21+ bucks. You do have to hand wash it. It isn't durable enough to put in the machine. Its comfortable on all sides. Feels normal on the back/top of your head. I could have easily put a hat, bandana over or under the strap. If your tired of sucking dirt I highly suggest trying one.
Posted via Mobile Device