Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 05-02-2013, 06:21 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.lawn works View Post
Cheapest an going broke, so support the people who handle the checks that come from my lawn care customers! Lol I agree with using the postal service!
Posted via Mobile Device
Agreed!

3 Months out of the year they're delivering UPS packages too!

That's the crock. UPS charges enough to contract out the delivery by the USPS of packages they charge UPS shipping for.

I will say this... I do agree also with what others have said. When you gotta have it, you gotta have it. I've paid overnight shipping when I had to have it... The cost of doing business.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

If Turfco can fix their parts shipping, Ill buy one of their seeders. Fact.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:33 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I love my XT-5 Aerator. There's no doubt about it.

I used that bad boy some today!
Old 05-03-2013, 10:01 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaacutabove View Post
Well I ordered a trim nozzle from turfco and got the invoice today not the part. Anyways part was 17.73 shipping was 20.96 that is crazy they do know ups has flat rate boxes right? Anyone else have an issue with this or am I the only one.
Posted via Mobile Device
I am wondering was this an overnight shipment or plain ole ground shipment? I am also wondering what a local dealer charges to ship parts to you? Any thoughts on this guys? We will be looking into this some help here would be nice.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:16 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbrashears View Post
If Turfco can fix their parts shipping, Ill buy one of their seeders. Fact.
If in the example of $20 shipping of a part makes you decide that you won't buy a $2000 piece of equipment I would look long and hard at your operations. Its a cost of doing biz not a deal breaker.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-03-2013, 10:30 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turfcobob View Post
I am wondering was this an overnight shipment or plain ole ground shipment? I am also wondering what a local dealer charges to ship parts to you? Any thoughts on this guys? We will be looking into this some help here would be nice.
I work with the local dealer with parts I order to put on a stock order (no frieght charge).

I would think the direct source your set up like would copy a Jthomas set up. $10 shipping one size fits all (for most things). I can order 21 blades and costs $10 to ship, even though due to weight I would think it costs more then the $10. They win some and lose some I guess.

$10 flat rate (for most) you wouldn't get grief.

Also a pre season spare parts order over $100 (or something like that) gets free shipping would maybe get guys to think spares and reduce timely/stressfull (for both parties) during the season. Lt rich does a 10% off preseason parts orders till march 1st or something like that.

I just bought the ls22 and xt5 and I know before the busy fall I will be buying spares. A 10% off would push more to think ahead.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-03-2013, 11:21 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djagusch View Post
If in the example of $20 shipping of a part makes you decide that you won't buy a $2000 piece of equipment I would look long and hard at your operations. Its a cost of doing biz not a deal breaker.
Posted via Mobile Device
It's not my operations that are the problem. Why should I not question the cost of things and think long term? "It's just 20 dollars more than everyone else charges to ship" is the kind of thinking that I don't possess. I hate throwing money away. I hate people gouging me and I never gouge my customers.

The bottom line is seeing a handling charge that excessive is a turnoff. Plain and simple. There are several quality machines out there.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Permagreen does the same thing and will not negotiate, but they are the ones who have what I need.
Old 05-03-2013, 02:44 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turfcobob View Post
I am also wondering what a local dealer charges to ship parts to you? Any thoughts on this guys? We will be looking into this some help here would be nice.

The majority of my parts come from my John Deere dealer, as most of my equipment is John Deere. I pay no freight or handling on stock orders, which arrive within 2-3 days. Now for "machine down" parts shipments, freight is usually around $7 but my local dealer does not always charge me freight. 2 years ago John Deere didn't even charge the dealer extra for next day shipping and thats if I order by 3pm, I have the part the next mornibng before 9am. I do realize that not every compnay can do this but Turfco is unusually high with shipping/handling.

2013 haulmark 18' trailer
2013 John Deere 52' walkbehind
2012 Gator with skid sprayer
2010 Turfco T-3000
2008 JD 997
2006 JD 647a
2004 JD 757 w/ 3 bag & Iron MCS
2002 JD 757 w/ 2 bag MCS
2002 JD 757
Stihl, Echo, Tanka 2 strokes
Big Tex trailers
Tons of other equipment
Old 05-03-2013, 02:48 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djagusch View Post
Posted via Mobile Device

Really? So if a company says it will charge you a $50 shiping and handling fee, you would not question it? How far does it go before it gets questioned by you? I realize its a cost of doing business but in todays world you have to be cost conscious. But also you can be "penny wise, pound foolish" too.

2013 haulmark 18' trailer
2013 John Deere 52' walkbehind
2012 Gator with skid sprayer
2010 Turfco T-3000
2008 JD 997
2006 JD 647a
2004 JD 757 w/ 3 bag & Iron MCS
2002 JD 757 w/ 2 bag MCS
2002 JD 757
Stihl, Echo, Tanka 2 strokes
Big Tex trailers
Tons of other equipment