Register free!

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 11:09 PM
LawnSite Member

Simply put, you don't own the water till it enters you house. They can stop it easy. The law in every state, I believe, sez you are not entitled to the water unless you abide by water-quality laws in that state. Check your regs.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:47 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I think Tx does require irrigation permits.

Eddie lives in Ma. maybe he can chime in.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-03-2013, 01:02 AM
LawnSite Member

Permitting goes to another department, codes. I don't think this question is about permits. = hardware. Its about whether they can bust high hazard users w/o cross-connection control.

This has to do with the water quality laws and how you treat the water, and it's exposure to contaminants, once you own it.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet_Boots View Post
It's the civilized Northeast, bunky. They worked out this stuff long before you were born. A purveyor denied access to their water meter will shut off the service. They can even break up the pavement to get to the actual tap, if need be. That goes in every state of the union. A home without a potable water supply can and will be condemned as a municipality sees fit. A condemned dwelling can be padlocked from the outside. None of that requires any stretch of the imagination. At no time is your home ever entered, but it ceases to be your happy castle.
Ha Wet, I know this was worked out a long time ago and I would love to cost this city thousands to dig up the pavement;

If you have kids under 3 or 4 they cannot turn off the water or electric per the code. Good luck with that one.

Just saying if you live here most laws are BS. And My old high school free work for our city water dept. Not as smart as people think with know what is what.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1idejim View Post
I think Tx does require irrigation permits.

Eddie lives in Ma. maybe he can chime in.
Posted via Mobile Device
Funny in TX I never filled one out, 7 years after the fact..opps...required does not mean anything.Just saying

MA has diff laws for diff locations. My city, up here, requires zero testing, zero permits for installs etc. Hence, there is a water ban here and people are watering at noon (morons). See my point.

Last edited by bx24; 05-03-2013 at 04:27 PM.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:02 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bx24 View Post
Funny in TX I never filled one out, 7 years after the fact..opps...required does not mean anything.Just saying

MA has diff laws for diff locations. My city, up here, requires zero testing, zero permits for installs etc. Hence, there is a water ban here and people are watering at noon (morons). See my point.
I understand your point.

Regardless, the way you worded your posts leads one to believe that you were speaking of the states of Ma. and Tx. not the area in which you reside.

What i don't understand is why a retired contractor would be boasting about their areas non-comformance to a health and safety issue?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-03-2013, 11:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1idejim View Post
I understand your point.

Regardless, the way you worded your posts leads one to believe that you were speaking of the states of Ma. and Tx. not the area in which you reside.

What i don't understand is why a retired contractor would be boasting about their areas non-comformance to a health and safety issue?
Posted via Mobile Device
I live in both states (MA and TX) and I retired from the field for $$$ reasons. I do it on the side and that is it; not 60 Y/O to boot! I retired from THAT field but still working.

My point is that a backflow, good or bad, most times is not checked and people (aka customers) really do not care. Grass green, good to go.

Yes it COULD be a health issue (extreme but okay) but from the people in my 2 states, most city people do not even know the laws, do not talk to other depts etc. Ex, in MA I had a business operation issue (outside local laws), mayor said there are not laws about this, building dept stated it was a local police dept issue and had laws. So I called PD and they said it was a building issue.

Just saying ya, there are laws but enforcement is lacking, bigtime, in my live in states. Laws are great when people follow them.
Old 05-04-2013, 12:02 AM
Moderator, Online Communities

ok guys, I think it's time to move on from this one

thanks