Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-01-2013, 12:30 AM
LawnSite Member

ebay jungle jims trimmer not securing trimmers

Hey guys i read on here that yall recommend some jungle.jims style trimmer racks well i bought them.and when locked i can move the bar up and can slide out trimmer any one else have that problem
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-03-2013, 11:19 PM
LawnSite Member

Did you buy this from a guy called atvexpress?

I needed a second set of racks and found that his were advertised as new for 50% off retail.

Well, they weren't new, they were actually very used. We had the same issue with the springs and our edger fell off going down the road. Currently in the process of getting him to make things right, but I ordered some new springs from Jungle Jim's...hopefully that will fix it.
Old 05-04-2013, 01:18 AM
LawnSite Member

Yeah I bought it from him and a lot of the bolts didn't fit and I just drilled bigger holes and made it work and I took the side that swings and locks I had the gaps welded so that way u can't pull them out when its locked.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-04-2013, 03:06 AM
LawnSite Member

Same with ours. Lots of missing bolts. I ordered replacement springs today for $2 each from Jungle Jim's. they really do make an excellent product, but I guess this is what I get for buying something advertised as "new" on eBay for half the price. He's refunding me $25 for the hassle but he still swears that they are new.

He'll be getting a bad review on this purchase once the refund is complete. If you feel so inclined you may like to do the same.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-11-2013, 02:34 PM
LawnSite Member

ebay jungle jims trimmer not securing trimmers

After reading this post I couldn't help but add this. I bought Jungle Jim's rack and whip holders direct about a year ago. Great product, but had to have a whole new basket assembly sent out because none of the bolt holes lined up after assembling per instruction. The rep said they actually had a "new" and "old" design and many of the boxes were mixed with half and half of the pieces. Seems pretty elementary, but they were very apologetic and sent practically a whole new set up out UPS free of charge. So not to defend the eBay guy but he may have some part of an excuse. Lol
Old 05-13-2013, 01:21 AM
LawnSite Member

This isn't a Jungle Jim's issue. I've had a set sent directly from them before and they were amazing.

This guy...well, he's passing off used stuff as new. Missing bolts, faded paint, expanded springs, lock bar won't keep it closed and grease everywhere. Tried replacing the springs and that didn't even work so I'm in the process of doing a complete return.

I was even suspicious if they were a complete knock off, but other than a few bad welds they look like at one point in time they may have been a true Jungle Jim's product.