Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-28-2003, 02:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Know any Turf Equipment Sites?

Hi -
I have turf equipment issues from time to time and am looking for a site like this that deals with turf equipment ( Jacobsen, Toro - gang mowers etc. )
Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks
Rebecca
Old 08-28-2003, 03:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Re: Know any Turf Equipment Sites?

Quote:
Originally posted by rbeca
Hi -
I have turf equipment issues from time to time and am looking for a site like this that deals with turf equipment ( Jacobsen, Toro - gang mowers etc. )
Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks
Rebecca
www.toro.com
www.turfproequipco.com
Old 08-28-2003, 03:22 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks Redbull -
The turproequipco.com addresss is not working. I appreciate the help
Old 08-28-2003, 04:57 PM
LawnSite Member

What type of problems are you having? I run a 9 hole golf course and deal with problems all the time let me know what your problems are and maybe I can help.
Old 08-28-2003, 05:44 PM
LawnSite Member

How to set height on GK IV

I am trying to set the cutting height on my GK IV and I am not sure about the back rollers. I am using a tool that measures from the bedknife to the bottom of both rollers and am wondering if I should only be concerned about the bedknife and front roller.
Tha back rollers have adjustments but not of the nature the front rollers do.
What do you think?
Old 08-28-2003, 07:29 PM
LawnSite Member

My older Greensking IV doesn't have adjustable rear rollers. If yours does you need to make sure to use a height gauge with 2 screws on it, one lips the front of the bed knife, the other touches the bottom rear of the bedknife. If you set the front and back screws of the height gauge to fit one side of your cutting unit then just use the height gauge to set the rest. Hope this doesn't have you confused. As you adjust your rear rollers you might have to adjust the front rollers too. Post more ? if this doesn't help.
Old 08-28-2003, 07:52 PM
LawnSite Member

What type of adjustment does your rear rollers have. Mine have just 2 sets of holes a lower hole and an upper hole which all of mine are set in the lower set of holes. if yours are like this then you are adjusting you reel height correct just use a single screw height gauge.
Old 08-31-2003, 09:07 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Rbeca, the rear roller on most tri-plex reels have reference points for the desired height of cut. Meaning to cut between a certain height, set the rollers on one hole, to cut at a different height range, the roller gets set in a different hole.
The purpose is to pitch the bedknife properly so the turf is cut in a corrent manner.
Once the height range is known, and the roller is set and level on the brackets, you have to square the rear roller to the reel frame.
Once the roller is square, then the front roller is used to held determine the height as now the pitch of the reel is correct.
I know of no manner in which correctly deteriming and setting the height on front roller equipped reels without using either a height bar or an accugage which will reach from the front roller to the rear with some sort of appendage that will lip on the bedknife.
Also, to correctly set the height, you first need to face the bedknife to return the bedknife to square.
Hope this helps