Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-25-2013, 10:43 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboawd View Post
wow. lol
will probably look ugly in real life too...
Yeah, especially the front. Some engineer has never had to get in and out of a machine multiple times a day. The step in is terrible.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:29 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Saw several of these sitting at Folcomer Equipment off of 695 yesterday
Old 04-23-2013, 10:03 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Folcomer in Frederick also has them (2@$39,500 fully loaded)...stopped by last week to pick up some other stuff and played around in the TS70R for a couple of minutes.

Liked the size of the boom arm to quick connect pin area, but didn't like the exposed tilt cylinder hoses out front.

Liked the easy access in the engine compartment...fan tilts out. Didn't like the thin grill on the back gate with the cooler right behind it.

Picked up a wet load of dirt with ease (72" bucket), but was a bit tipsy with it on a slight downhill grade. Wheelbase width is right at 72"...didn't think it had to be that wide.

Has beefy plate steel in the back towers (1/4" thick I think). Liked the rear bumper and the protection it offers. Tie downs in the front were on the middle boom arm area over top the tires.

Absolutely hated the step up....can't believe engineers designed it like that. If I had that machine I'd cut out the step and make a new door for it.

Drive motor pumps seemed like they were working harder than usual in turning the machine on asphalt with no load in the bucket. 2 speed was fast.

Old 04-23-2013, 08:54 PM
LawnSite Member

so is the only thing takeuchi about these, the paint?
i dont see why anyone would buy one of these terex skidloaders.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:18 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboawd View Post
so is the only thing takeuchi about these, the paint?
i dont see why anyone would buy one of these terex skidloaders.
Yes.

I wouldn't buy one, but the same people that bought Thomas, the old Volvos (scat trak), skat track, patriots, and the old JCBs would buy these.

I have operated them and the 60hp radial machine is not too bad (a little butt heavy with a counterweight), but the 50 and 60hp vertical versions cycle times were painfully slow. I thought the 80hp large machine was poorly designed. Anybody that has ever gotten into and out of a machine was not involved in the design of the large machines. I think Takeuchi will find it just as hard to sell thes Terex skids as Terex has.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:14 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The design is just bizarre. I looked them over at ConExpo. Surprising: One that this is the best that Terex could do? Two that Tak thought that branding this was a good idea.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:09 PM
LawnSite Member

I saw that they had a Perkins motor - wtf?, and then dug deeper. At first I was excited that Tak built a bullet proof wheeled machine but it is all BS. I am leaning towards looking into the larger Gehls. Same controls, lots of power......
Old 05-05-2013, 08:48 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksss View Post
The design is just bizarre. I looked them over at ConExpo. Surprising: One that this is the best that Terex could do? Two that Tak thought that branding this was a good idea.
I think that Takeuchi will find it to be difficult to really sell these. There are just too many little things wrong with the Terex machines and maybe Takeuchi thought that Terex had better brand reputation than they actually do.

Our walleye season opened up this weekend and I fished over south of GB with a buddy I used to sell Bobcat with. He found out that the large Terex skids have an upper and a lower fuel tank but the sender is in the lower tank so you think you have a full tank even if the upper tank is almost empty. I'd like to ask the engineer what he was thinking when he came up with that idea. :hammerhead
Old 05-05-2013, 09:16 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

It makes me wonder why Takeuchi didn't just take their track loaders and put wheels on them, they already have a rock solid platform.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-05-2013, 11:33 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post
It makes me wonder why Takeuchi didn't just take their track loaders and put wheels on them, they already have a rock solid platform.
Posted via Mobile Device
Because I would have put a VTS on it...