Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-17-2013, 07:30 PM
LawnSite Member

Ventrac or Steiner?

I was wondering if anyone uses or has used a Ventrac or Steiner mower? I'm kicking around the Idea of a demo on the ventrac 4200 model and/or the Steiner 235 model but wanted to see if anyone has any input on these mowers...I like versitility it could bring with the attachments they have & know I could put them to use but I also know they are exspensive...thanks for the input ahead of time!
Old 05-05-2013, 04:31 PM
LawnSite Member

I have owned four steiners and many attachments. I have a um 428 that is a great machine. Two of them had onan/linamar engines. One has a kubota diesel the other has a dihatsu/briggs diesel. What are your questions?
Old 05-07-2013, 03:59 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17 years growing grass View Post
I have owned four steiners and many attachments. I have a um 428 that is a great machine. Two of them had onan/linamar engines. One has a kubota diesel the other has a dihatsu/briggs diesel. What are your questions?
Well the versatility is a no brainer i think with all the attachments..I know I coud use 4-5 of them all the time..Are they a good durable machine? Warranty? I think the nearest dealer is at least 400 miles or so from me so thats a concern I have as far as warranty work.Another is I know the out front deck cuts good ,but are the 4x4s as fast with the cutting as say a zero turn? I might demo a Steiner & a ventrac maybe at the same time this summer.. I have a lot of dirt/sand issues from County plows I have to deal with every year & also have had a lot of calls for long grass that I dont want to take my zero turns through..so Broom/rough cut mower/leaf blower/slip scoop, I could use all the time...