Click for Weather

Old 03-21-2013, 01:57 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

It's available on audio book. Sweet!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-21-2013, 03:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

2013 Goals:

1. Have a total of 20-30+ lawn mowing accounts by doing EDDM, door hangers, Home Adviser(servicemagic) & craigslist ads.

2. I hope to get a nice used Ford F250 by mid summer.

That's my realistic goals for this year. I would also like to eventually get a dump trailer, and a shop to rent.

"Keep it stupid simple"
Old 03-21-2013, 04:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

subscribed. I'm old but to stay on top of my game I have to watch what you young guys are planning so I'm not left in the dust.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:54 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncknaklawns View Post
subscribed. I'm old but to stay on top of my game I have to watch what you young guys are planning so I'm not left in the dust.
+1
But not too old.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-21-2013, 06:42 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

To add to mine: a second truck & plow next fall (a 7.3 most likely) & expand more with residential plowing. A tight route = huge profit without having to kiss a property manager's a$$.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-04-2013, 11:35 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

nice goals jcontracting....my goals for 2013 are to buy a new landscape trailer, which i did, buy a dump trailer or dump truck, wasn't sure which one i wanted, but i've decided on a brand new 7x14 bri mar dump trailer which i should be getting in the next week or so. and get another 4x4 diesel truck and put a plow on it so i can get more aggressive for winter 2013/14 oh and to gross 25% more then i did last year which could be tough, also to have a total of 40-50 weekly mowing accounts, still trying to chase down that goal i set a while back of 2500 a week in mowing.
Old 05-06-2013, 03:50 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks RSK.
Well our season is finally getting going now starting in about 4 hrs! heading to pick up pre-em fert. I got a couple clean ups done last week before this immense cold & snow came and its all melted and highs in the 60s & 70s so startingtmrw, pre-em apps & clean ups/dethatching, then aerating later in the week or next week. Waiting to hear back on a lawn & landscape removal & new install w/ Harley raking& new seed and a new iirrigation system installed. Ill be meeting with 2 clients tmrw evening, one is for grading & sod and the other is a patio & landscape. Then meeting another on tues for a large retaining wall.
I'm hoping to hear back from my client on the total removal & install, we'd be able to start wed and be done Sunday which would set things up perfectly if I'm able to land these other projects.
I have only landed 1 new full service resi maintenance client, small property (7000sq ft) but we'll be removing all mulch & installing 6 yds of mulch, its monthly so it'll sure be nice when all that needs to get done in July is weekly mowing . That client was obtained from a google search of my company. I've had 3100 of the 7500 postcards mailed out. the patio & landscape, retaining wall, and grading & sod calls were from my postcards. Ill probably send more out this week but to different areas possibly, still the same price range houses though ($250,000-$500,000). From my initial test run of 545 postcards mailed in early April (before we got a ton pf snow) I did get a call for a reconstruction of a wall & stairs that's falling over, still in negotiation & whatnot with that prospect.
So far the year is going good, with the extra snow in April (20" or so), as well as march too, I was able to obtain a lot of capital for additional start up expenses, pay off my plow & help with overhead.

The only thing I'm bummed about is the lack of full service maintenance clients that have been obtained. Maybe because it's so late and my postcards specifically state "starting at $219/month for 8 months", ppl see it and think that's too much? I was hoping we'd have an early spring like last yr but that's not the case. Just need to keep plugging away!
If I land these installs, the next goal to happen is a new dirtbike, hoping to be Pushing one off the showroom floor before memorial wknd!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-11-2013, 10:32 AM
LawnSite Member

Goal 1: At least double the amount of customers I have now and/or double the amount of money I make per week.
Goal 2: Buy my first true commercial grade mower- I plan to buy a used 36 soon
Goal 3: Take more steps for advertising ( some things I can no do at them moment cause of my current situation)
Old 05-11-2013, 10:44 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Trying to get my landscape maintenance division off the ground is my main priority. I've already got the uniforms, equipment and eddm mailers are on the way. It's just a matter of getting the work and guys to make it profitable. I think I am a little behind the game but it's just warming up here. So we'll see.

Hope to have 20 accounts and some part timers running the route by August while I focus on the dirt and water side of things
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-11-2013, 09:51 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JContracting View Post
Thanks RSK.
Well our season is finally getting going now starting in about 4 hrs! heading to pick up pre-em fert. I got a couple clean ups done last week before this immense cold & snow came and its all melted and highs in the 60s & 70s so startingtmrw, pre-em apps & clean ups/dethatching, then aerating later in the week or next week. Waiting to hear back on a lawn & landscape removal & new install w/ Harley raking& new seed and a new iirrigation system installed. Ill be meeting with 2 clients tmrw evening, one is for grading & sod and the other is a patio & landscape. Then meeting another on tues for a large retaining wall.
I'm hoping to hear back from my client on the total removal & install, we'd be able to start wed and be done Sunday which would set things up perfectly if I'm able to land these other projects.
I have only landed 1 new full service resi maintenance client, small property (7000sq ft) but we'll be removing all mulch & installing 6 yds of mulch, its monthly so it'll sure be nice when all that needs to get done in July is weekly mowing . That client was obtained from a google search of my company. I've had 3100 of the 7500 postcards mailed out. the patio & landscape, retaining wall, and grading & sod calls were from my postcards. Ill probably send more out this week but to different areas possibly, still the same price range houses though ($250,000-$500,000). From my initial test run of 545 postcards mailed in early April (before we got a ton pf snow) I did get a call for a reconstruction of a wall & stairs that's falling over, still in negotiation & whatnot with that prospect.
So far the year is going good, with the extra snow in April (20" or so), as well as march too, I was able to obtain a lot of capital for additional start up expenses, pay off my plow & help with overhead.

The only thing I'm bummed about is the lack of full service maintenance clients that have been obtained. Maybe because it's so late and my postcards specifically state "starting at $219/month for 8 months", ppl see it and think that's too much? I was hoping we'd have an early spring like last yr but that's not the case. Just need to keep plugging away!
If I land these installs, the next goal to happen is a new dirtbike, hoping to be Pushing one off the showroom floor before memorial wknd!
Posted via Mobile Device
dump trailer is being picked up tuesday if I feel good enough to, I'm getting xrays and hopefully getting a stent removed from kidney finally from a kidney stone i got about a month back which completely killed april and a few weeks of may. but gotta keep moving forward. so not sure how well i'll feel after that i think i'll be fine but right when i pick it up it will be going to get all the factory decals striped and my company name and number on it. oh i got a few more new account which have a few things for me to do so a few steps closer to my goals.