Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-04-2013, 08:55 AM
loxs44 loxs44 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Palm Beach Co, Fl
Posts: 20
hello all from Palm Beach county, Florida

Hey there y'all, residing in the Palm Beaches in Florida, happily serving snow birds in Boca Raton up to West Palm Beach. Any better type to work for?! >;D
feel free to ask questions.

- Justin
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-04-2013, 10:28 AM
GREENWITHENVY1 GREENWITHENVY1 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: PORT SAINT LUCIE FL
Posts: 100
Hi . I'm working the port saint lucie area.Thank god it finally started to rain around here.Hows buisness.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-04-2013, 11:55 PM
Florida Gardener's Avatar
Florida Gardener Florida Gardener is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Humid S. Fl. with sights set on San Diego
Posts: 5,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by loxs44 View Post
Hey there y'all, residing in the Palm Beaches in Florida, happily serving snow birds in Boca Raton up to West Palm Beach. Any better type to work for?! >;D
feel free to ask questions.

- Justin
What neighborhoods do you work in?
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-05-2013, 09:20 PM
loxs44 loxs44 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Palm Beach Co, Fl
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by GREENWITHENVY1 View Post
Hi . I'm working the port saint lucie area.Thank god it finally started to rain around here.Hows buisness.
Business is slowly getting there, decided to branch out on my dad's original business from boca to the acreage where I live, getting a few things fixed then going to do some advertising locally, He let half the business go to my uncle when he was tired of dealing with crews, now time to upsize again!

What about you? what's it like in PSL?

Are there many people from FL on here?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-05-2013, 09:21 PM
loxs44 loxs44 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Palm Beach Co, Fl
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Gardener View Post
What neighborhoods do you work in?
Posted via Mobile Device
Boca West/ Broken Sound / Stone Bridge / Boca Woods / Santa Barbra
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-05-2013, 09:53 PM
Landscape Poet's Avatar
Landscape Poet Landscape Poet is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Oviedo/Orlando
Posts: 3,513
Quote:
Originally Posted by loxs44 View Post
Business is slowly getting there, decided to branch out on my dad's original business from boca to the acreage where I live, getting a few things fixed then going to do some advertising locally, He let half the business go to my uncle when he was tired of dealing with crews, now time to upsize again!

What about you? what's it like in PSL?

Are there many people from FL on here?
We (Florida) have our own forum here on lawnsite down by the pesticide and fert subsections. Come visit us there.
__________________
"the art of survival is a story that never ends"

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-06-2013, 12:36 PM
TheBetterDoorhanger's Avatar
TheBetterDoorhanger TheBetterDoorhanger is offline
Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Wichita, KS
Posts: 453
not sure what kind of advertising you plan on doing, but if are in need of any door hangers or other printed materials, check out A'Deas Printing. www.adeasprinting.com
There are some specials going on and we have innovative ways to keep your ads in view and ot in the yard and hopefully not the trash. if you have any questions or would like any pricing just let us know. You can talk to Jamie at 1-866-778-4254 or email at jamie@adeasprinting.com
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-06-2013, 02:26 PM
GREENWITHENVY1 GREENWITHENVY1 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: PORT SAINT LUCIE FL
Posts: 100
To tell you the truth I have been pleasantly surprised with my growth but it is scarry seeing so many abandoned homes!!
Customers here seem to not want to spend more than $25 wich is what I expected. But they have all been very nice and pleasant to deal with.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-06-2013, 03:07 PM
easy-lift guy's Avatar
easy-lift guy easy-lift guy is online now
Sponsor
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Venice, FL. USA
Posts: 2,124
Greetings from Venice, FL. USA
easy-lift guy
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-07-2013, 08:59 PM
loxs44 loxs44 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Palm Beach Co, Fl
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by GREENWITHENVY1 View Post
To tell you the truth I have been pleasantly surprised with my growth but it is scarry seeing so many abandoned homes!!
Customers here seem to not want to spend more than $25 wich is what I expected. But they have all been very nice and pleasant to deal with.
Same here or squatters there, how do you advertise? Any advice? I'm trying to branch out from my dad's where we live, he's in Boca and I don't see the reason spending so much in gas everyday
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:59 AM.

Page generated in 0.08897 seconds with 9 queries