Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-17-2012, 07:26 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

For farm use bigger probably is better. I like my little 24 hp Deere because I can run it on people's lawns without doing damage and it's very maneuverable.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Most cat1 3pt implements are rated up to 40hp, cat2 stuff gets real expensive.

Id do alot more reasearch before investing your money, Ive got a old 40hp 2wd Long 360 that has more power than Ive ever needed, mos chores get don at near idel.

I know a few fellers that have 35hp 4wd Kubotas that have been real happy with them.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:09 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I clicked on the thread expecting to see a machine with 6000 on it. 700 hours would be a low hour machine. If the equipment is maintained and taken care of, it will last 10,000 hours easily.

For $29K that includes a cab and loader? That doesn't seem too out of line.

As far as size, for what you're wanting to do, that should be a good starting point. I'd be nervous about going smaller. Sure, you can for PTO work (pastures etc) you'll want the power. For pallets it would be decent enough.

The only thing I could see a headache with that is the turf tires. If you're not doing a whole lot on turf grass an R4 treaded tire would be better.

Veritas and æquitas
Old 12-21-2012, 07:40 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Bigger is better in most cases in the tractor world. Keep in mind, bigger means more expensive when you are buying implements, new tires, trailers, etc!
Old 12-27-2012, 02:14 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

looks like a good tractor.

IS it hydrostatic or gears?
Shuttle shift?

The geared tractors will go way faster if you shuttle materials over a large area or job site, but the hydrostatic CVT is much better for wear and tear if you have workers using it, because they will mash your gears and always be using the wrong gears.

be either way, the price is good
Old 01-17-2013, 12:05 AM
LawnSite Member

all depends on how well its been kept up
Old 05-06-2013, 10:35 PM
LawnSite Member

Based on the looks of the tractor, especially the bucket itself, it has not been abused and has been well cared for.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:32 AM
LawnSite Member

Nice tractor. If you do any sort of dirt work go get som R4 tires for it .
Old 05-10-2013, 08:11 AM
LawnSite Member

I bought my Kubota L4400 4wd, hydro, quick attach loader, quick attach bucket, R4 tires, liquid filled rears, for $25,000 out the door brand new in 2010 with 0% financing for 60 months. IT started out at $33,000 they have a lot of wiggle room. I was on the fence about weather to get a 35horse or 45 and I have been super happy that I steped it up and got the bigger tractor. It makes a world of difference especially when I use other peoples smaller tractors on jobs and I am wishing I had mine. The quick attach is awesome to so I can use the forks to move material around load and unload pallets. If you are going to do any sort of loader work def get the hydro transmission it is worth its weight in gold. As for hours I have used tractors with 5000 hours on them and have been happy with them and I have used some rentals that had 900 hours on them that were completely worn out and ready for the junk yard. I would rather have a tractor with 2000 hours on it that has been cared for by a one owner on a small farm then a tractor with 1,000 hours that was used by a company or a rental yard. I have dealt with a lot of rental companies and the "fleet maintance" is a joke they only fix the stuff when the customer complains enough about it. I had a jlg on a job for over a year and I would call them and say hey you might wanna come out and change the oil and service your machine and they would just say are the fluid levels in the recommended area yes then they are within limits. Doesn't matter if the oil is milky looking and leaking. If it is no a persons personal machine Ie there bread and butter they will not treat it like it deserves. Let the price reflect that.