Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-08-2013, 11:41 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

TLS- I hope you plan to post a lot of pics of both the machine and the QOC. It's not that the UC cut is something new, but it is different being cut at 3 different RPM settings of the RED system.

BTW- You're gonna have to change your equipment list in your sig now.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:42 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLS View Post
The California only SuperZ HD uses a Kohler CV980. It is not EFI, just a normal 2bbl carb.
Shoot! Here I thought it was EFI.

I thought I had a great idea and used the dealer locator for the closest CA dealer to me, thinking I could buy a EFI and bring it back. The dealers, at least in northern CA, don't even show the Kohler available to order on a SZ. This dealer is also an Exmark dealer and recommended strongly staying with a Kawi. Said he's seeing the Kohlers fail from overheating. Can't keep them cool enough. Not what we want to here!
Old 05-08-2013, 03:38 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Sold the Hustler on Monday.

Received full asking price.

Ordered the eXmark Lazer Z X-series with the E-Gov RED technology and new suspension seat. It will arrive at my dealer on Thursday, and by the time they prep it, maybe pick it up Fri/Sat/Mon.

My dealer was nice enough to give me a loaner to use. It's an older (new Next Lazer) with the 29hp Kawi. I believe it may have been a demo unit that I actually demo'd back in 2009 while my SuperZ was getting hydro work done (again). This Lazer has about 1400 hrs and has seen some rough use. I'm guessing they sold this demo unit to someone that never cleaned the top of the deck. The top of the deck is pitted and rusty. It was wire wheeled and spray painted to cover it up. But all in all for 1400 hrs, it's still a pretty tight machine! Cut was beautiful all day yesterday. I put about 4 hrs on it, in the rain at times and the cut simply blew away the cut from my old Hustler XR-7.
Congrats on the purchase! X2 on posting updates!!
Old 05-08-2013, 03:43 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
JD isn't totally out o the picture. I bled green and yellow for a long time. Dealer was great and not that far away. They just haven't had enough "PRO's" to counter their "CON's" for me. I'd like some more EFI choices for sure. Why they refuse to use the 29hp Kohler EFI for example, is just ridiculous.
Posted via Mobile Device

And they don't offer the financing the other big three offer (Hustler, Exmark, Scagg). Best they offered me was .4% for 48 with 20% down. Sheffield is doing 0 down 0 interest 48.
Old 05-08-2013, 03:54 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmower View Post
And they don't offer the financing the other big three offer (Hustler, Exmark, Scagg). Best they offered me was .4% for 48 with 20% down. Sheffield is doing 0 down 0 interest 48.
I don't know why they are offering the crappy financing this year. In the last two years they offered 0% for 48 or 36 mo's and several other offers in there that were close to that. This year not so much.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:25 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Yes, lots of pictures to come. I hope I have time to take some though. This rain is on and off the next few days.

This 29 Kawi on the loaner is beat, but really seems lacking in power. When I demod it a few years ago it had plenty of power.

The eXmark is so much more compact as well. Trim ability is way better as well.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-08-2013, 05:43 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Good luck with the machine mate! Yep, lot of pics!
We dont have Exmark over here but do have Toro. A friend has one, its been worked VERY hard with very few problems. Think he has over 2000hrs on it now.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:06 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Will do.

The trimmability is like night and day. The eXmark deck is offset to the trimside about 3 more inches then the SuperZ is. This helps in SO many ways...from cutting around a tree ring (external), to turning out of an enclosed area (internal).

I am also able to tuck around sign posts between the rear trimside and the rear tire.

The isolated seat mount is also nice. This loaner just has a standard seat, but the isolators make it halfway liveable even without a suspension seat.
2006 Hustler SuperZ 28EFI 60" Power Chute Design OCDC SOLD!
Perma-green Magnum
1996 48" SCAG Belt WB 14hp Kawasaki Classic Deck
Echo 2 strokes PB-755 & SRM 280
Eastman WM20H 20" Commercial Push mower (NEW for 2013)
Commercial Lawnboy trim mower 3-FOR SALE!http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=424203
Solo since 1980
Old 05-08-2013, 06:14 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Yes, lots of pictures to come. I hope I have time to take some though. This rain is on and off the next few days.

This 29 Kawi on the loaner is beat, but really seems lacking in power. When I demod it a few years ago it had plenty of power.

The eXmark is so much more compact as well. Trim ability is way better as well.
Posted via Mobile Device
This machine has the newest cutting edge technology, the power and fuel efficiency should be great, really looking forward to your thoughts after operating the mower a few days. The implementation of the E-Gov with fuel injection should make the mower feel much more powerful than its rated hp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBjHyZEXZHo
Old 05-11-2013, 09:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...=1#post4766302Only have about 4 hrs on it, but ...
2006 Hustler SuperZ 28EFI 60" Power Chute Design OCDC SOLD!
Perma-green Magnum
1996 48" SCAG Belt WB 14hp Kawasaki Classic Deck
Echo 2 strokes PB-755 & SRM 280
Eastman WM20H 20" Commercial Push mower (NEW for 2013)
Commercial Lawnboy trim mower 3-FOR SALE!http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=424203
Solo since 1980