Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-10-2013, 09:37 AM
LawnSite Member

Hello Everyone, noob here from East Tennessee

Looking forward to doing lots of research here and reading stickies to gain info about equipment and other things as well. I do not own or work for a landscaping company but am planning on mowing our community pool as well as 3 other yards in my community. I currently have a Snapper RER SR928 with a 10hp Briggs&Stratton engine, that is very good but not very efficient for mowing 4 yards and a pool. Also have a newer (2 years old) toro 21 inch push mower with bagger that's great. So I'm gonna dive into the equipment forums and do some research.

Right now looking at a new exmark metro 36-48 as it works in my price range and want a warranty.

Any feedback is always appreciated. Thanks everyone
Old 05-10-2013, 10:00 AM
Sponsor

If you are interested in a demo, you can contact your local Exmark dealer. You can use our dealer locator on our website (exmark.com) to find the dealer nearest you. If you prefer us to get in touch with the dealer, please send your contact information (including address) to exmarkpr@exmark.com and we will forward your information to him.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:23 AM
LawnSite Member

I have already seen and demoed a few models of the exmark at my local dealer Powell Power Equipment in Knoxville, TN. It is a very nice unit but I am also gonna do some further research.

Thanks for the reply
Old 05-10-2013, 02:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Buy a 48" stand-on , if you have the money. Stand-ons are the only way to go. Mower don't need seats. LOL
Old 05-10-2013, 07:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I haven't looked into a stand on unit but I will check into it.

Any particular brands to check out in the stand on around the same price range? The quote I have for the 48 metro with two wheel velkie is around 3600.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-10-2013, 10:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Watch these videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wU1FDzf0YMo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy0n3eAfJcw
Old 05-10-2013, 10:29 PM
LawnSite Member

Welcome to the forums I'm also from Tennessee I'm between Knoxville and Chattanooga in rhea county
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-12-2013, 02:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigorange865 View Post
Thanks everyone for the feedback. I haven't looked into a stand on unit but I will check into it.

Any particular brands to check out in the stand on around the same price range? The quote I have for the 48 metro with two wheel velkie is around 3600.
Posted via Mobile Device
I would look into wright standers they have some affordable options. But to be perfectly honest I would go with a scag hydro walk behind i think you will be happy with price and quality. Oh and welcome glad to have you on the site
Old 05-15-2013, 03:45 PM
LawnSite Member

After searching the forums and consulting friends who do landscaping for a living, I have narrowed my choices down to a scag 48" belt drive for 4000 or the exmark metro 48" for 3500. These machines are very similar and both have great reviews for what I'm looking to use them for (residential use for myself and grandparents, and two other yards to help pay for the mower) Is the Scag worth the few hundred more? A buddy of mine still mows with a 1991 scag belt drive and he says its still running strong. The metro comes with the Kawasaki 15 hp and the scag with a 14.5 Kaw hp.

Thanks again everyone, I am still researching but hope to purchase by next week.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:52 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks to everyone who replied and the wealth of information on this site. I just purchased a 48" Scag WB Belt Drive for a very good price. Got everything new with the 48 mos. 0% financing and couldn't be happier.
I was between the exmark and the scag and it came down to the velocity deck and the dealerships service. The exmark was a good price and my scag dealer actually beat it. Mowed my lawn yesterday and the time went from 2.5 hours down to an hour. Very satisfied.