Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-26-2013, 07:52 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Lebanon 6-1-11 with Iron

I was just wondering if anyone has used this and what were the results?

I have some new customers who want to green up the lawn. Do not want a high nitrogen content due to excessive growth. Spring is the wrong time obviously to be adding fert with a high nitrogen content.

Im am going to use this but just wanted to see if anyone has already.

http://www.lebanonturf.com/products/...281/index.aspx
Old 04-26-2013, 11:27 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Nobody....?
Old 04-30-2013, 08:25 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

has anybody ever used this?
Old 04-30-2013, 08:26 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

484 views and not one person has used it? Is it that special of a fertilizer?
Old 05-12-2013, 08:28 AM
LawnSite Member

I can't really give much input with your particular mix, but I have used Lebanons iron ferts for years with great results. They used to make a pure iron (10%) that was later banned and I had amazing results. Just be careful, over application of iron will cause disease.

Daniel
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-12-2013, 06:49 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Is there a reason that you want the 1% P and the 11% K??? if you want to add Fe, then add Fe... If you want low N than apply low N... not sure what your needs are in the desert but we only need N for grass here in the Midwest and the Fe and K are gravy...

Are you asking if Lebanon is better than Ironite or Milorganite as an Fe source??? I don't think people have observed many differences in actual usage becuz I don't believe that there are many differences in actual usage... I could be wrong... but here's the thing... *
Old 05-13-2013, 01:36 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallaxe View Post
Is there a reason that you want the 1% P and the 11% K??? if you want to add Fe, then add Fe... If you want low N than apply low N... not sure what your needs are in the desert but we only need N for grass here in the Midwest and the Fe and K are gravy...

Are you asking if Lebanon is better than Ironite or Milorganite as an Fe source??? I don't think people have observed many differences in actual usage becuz I don't believe that there are many differences in actual usage... I could be wrong... but here's the thing... *
I was needing to put something down on 2 peoples yards who had not fertilized, one for over a year, the other not since last September. Considering it's spring I didn't want to apply Nitrogen but it did need a little. I wanted to get it looking green without too much growth hence the iron. As far as the K that was just part of the fert that was recommeneded to me by the supplier. I figured it can't hurt the 2 lawns that really haven't had any fert for a while.

I was just inquiring about this Lebanon product specifically. Have never used it plus it had "bio solid" in it. Have never used that before. Man the stuff smelled weird. Not bad once applied but pouring it in the spreader made you want to gag.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:46 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

If the bio-solids are from sewers then you're just getting another style of Milorganite... N is usually a little lower than what is put out there in the synthetic world and the addition of Fe seems to be a popular thing... not sure why, but I like it becuz it comes cheaper than the Ironite label...

If my assumption is true then I'd be comfortable using it... In fact, I've got to break away soon and get Milorganite before next week...