Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-13-2013, 10:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

This reminds me of a time i went to eat lunch with my dad just a few month again. He runs a construction site and they were redoing an overhang on one of the entrances to a building. They had orange fence all the way around it except for about a 10 foot wide opening so they could get machinery in and out of. He had his truck parked in it at the time instead of the gate shut and on our 30-45 minutes lunch he had to yell at 7 workers to use the other door which was less then 20 yards away!?!?!?!?! are you kidding me. One guy wanted to argue it with him saying he could go in whatever door he wanted. My dad laughed and said ok bud but the scaffolding has brick layers on the top of it and when they are cutting they have a tendency to drop some stuff so if you are that dumb go ahead if one hits you it will only help this world. He walked away in a hurry to the other door.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:58 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROPERTYLAWNSERVICELLC View Post
Common Sense left the USA in 08-12 election sorry to tell you that.
Common sense was little more than a distant memory by then. It died at least a decade earlier. And had been on life support for decades before then. I'm thinking it may have died in 1969. Nothing else explains the seventies.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-14-2013, 09:07 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeze View Post
this is sorta forced on people these days to some extent as well. ever notice how hard it is just to do something simple like changing the oil on a newer car? many of them you need some special tool to get up in there to remove the oil filter or they make everything hard to get to and so forth. they want you to take it to get it worked on so they can make more money off of you. nevermind you just spent 20-30k on a new car they want your oil change money every 5k miles too.

gone are the good ol days when you could do everything yourself because it was so easy. now days you need all these specialized tools and so forth to work on a car. mowers you can still do most of the work yourself but we'll see how long that lasts.
I agree, my dad is a mechanic (not for a shop, he had worked from home for most of his life) and even he has to tell customers sometimes that he will recommend a shop because he does not have a tool. Also sometimes the job is complex they would be better off taking it there. By that I mean some companies make it so the dealers mechanics are the only ones who know how to work on it. That is not common but it does happen.
Old 05-14-2013, 10:55 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMarshall View Post
Perhaps figure out a way to mount a rear view mirror system? or even a rear facing camera.
I would put in a rear view camera for $200ish (something like http://www.ebay.com/itm/321108345674 ) and make a waterproof cover to go over it.

Aaron Z