Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-03-2013, 05:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

2 cycle all the way!

"Keep it stupid simple"
Old 04-03-2013, 06:03 PM
Sponsor

Arena Landscaping, obviously your dad didn't own a CORE product. Try not to compare CORE to black and decker, stihl, ryobi, or ANY other "electric" trimmer. It's like comparing apples to oranges. None of the other brands make an electric trimmer designed for Commercial use. CORE does.
CORE has a don't ask warranty. Basically, if it doesn't work for ANY reason, drop it, submerge it, even put 12 gauge slug through it, they'll take it back. Ok, I might question the slug hole. Either way. That's peace of mind.
Try running your gas engine trimmer or blower without oil. Because that could easily accidentally happen. It won't last long. Definitely not as long as an electric motor.

GOT A QUESTION?? Call us anytime 1-800-222-4303 Mon-Fri 8-5 EST

*** LAWNSITE members save $20 off any order of $100 or more,
Click Here or use "lawnsite" (in lowercase) when checking out***
Old 04-03-2013, 06:58 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Do the 4 cycle engines have a crankcase that you have to change the motor oil in???
Old 04-03-2013, 06:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Arena Landscaping, obviously your dad didn't own a CORE product. Try not to compare CORE to black and decker, stihl, ryobi, or ANY other "electric" trimmer. It's like comparing apples to oranges. None of the other brands make an electric trimmer designed for Commercial use. CORE does.
CORE has a don't ask warranty. Basically, if it doesn't work for ANY reason, drop it, submerge it, even put 12 gauge slug through it, they'll take it back. Ok, I might question the slug hole. Either way. That's peace of mind.
Try running your gas engine trimmer or blower without oil. Because that could easily accidentally happen. It won't last long. Definitely not as long as an electric motor.
No its not a core it is a stihl and even cores they still only have 70 minutes of run time. all i'm saying is that just don't think it is worth the money or hassle.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arena landscaping View Post
No its not a core it is a stihl and even cores they still only have 70 minutes of run time. all i'm saying is that just don't think it is worth the money or hassle.

I agree. Anyone try to clear ROW with an electric trimmer??

14 Years old
Old 04-03-2013, 09:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryinalabama View Post
Do the 4 cycle engines have a crankcase that you have to change the motor oil in???
Yes it does

IMPEACH OBAMA

Barry is killing our Constitution
Old 04-03-2013, 09:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan41 View Post
Its not that big of a deal to mix gas. it takes seconds... charging a battery takes an hour or so. I feel that a crew may forget to check the oil on the 2 cycle handhelds.
No its not a big deal at all, but it will be nice not to have to mix. Plus, i believe 4 cycle engines on trimmers and blowers will by far outlast 2 cycle engines.

People make it out that they have to check it every day. More like once every 20 hours or so. I'll be posting a review mid season so my view might change either way.

IMPEACH OBAMA

Barry is killing our Constitution
Old 05-16-2013, 12:50 AM
LawnSite Member

Does anybody on here use the Core trimmers?
Old 05-16-2013, 01:27 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesPhifer View Post
Does anybody on here use the Core trimmers?
Have you looked up any of the existing threads that discuss cordless trimmers?

I'm thinking this thread wasn't meant to be a discussion for core trimmers, but was hijacked by someone trying to sell them.
Old 05-16-2013, 06:32 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyst1 View Post
I started off with Stihl 4 mixes and to be honest i found them to be very temperamental, carbs were expensive and so was the oil. The FS90 was heavy and the BR600 was light which was nice none the less they are expensive to buy and maintain.

Sold that off and went shindy, which i was very satisfied with shindy. In this case, the trimmer was light (T242) and the blower (EB802) was heavy. My EB802 ran flawless other than weight however the T242 was just a pain in the d!ck to start. All in all, buying oil, mixing, keeping sep cans (which i'll still have to do for saws n multitool), fuel econ, and dealing with carbs, i'm just over it.

I have no proof to validate what i'm about to say but i believe with 4 cycle equipment i can get more carb life out of them. Now i know i'll get more fuel econ for sure. The carb life, we will see.
A 25 cc GX 25 will graft onto where the multitool engine was. I am planning on doing that when my Maruyama MC engine dies. Already grafted a GX 25 onto an MS 074 power sprayer and a GX 35 onto a Solo 433. Less noise and more power. Once the MC engine is changed, no need for 2 cycle oil

Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
Benjamin Franklin Poor Richard's Almanac1738