Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-15-2013, 07:32 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by C&C Landscaping View Post
Not at all - I was told the seat was a 550.00 option when I brought my super Z last year. If it can be brought for that price then I really don't know what it's worth.
Make me an offer, and thanks for letting me know.
Clay
I've got 2 Super Z's, and I've broken 2 of these Michigan (now Milsco) suspension seats on my 2006 year model. I'm 225, no lightweight, but no tank either. The original seat broke several of the welds and Milsco sent a new seat as a replacement at no charge, the seat they shipped was not like the original, it was a cheaper version, no lumbar adjustment. I gave my dealer $50 to upgrade to my original seat, 1 yr after the replacement, the new seat broke as well.

This time Milsco sent the correct seat free of charge, and paid the shipping back for the one that broke, supposedly so their quality control department could try and figure out why they were breaking.

They call this a high dollar upgrade for the Michigan (Milsco) suspension seat, like you say something over $500, but if you go to your dealer and buy the seat straight out of parts you can probably buy it for $400 or a little above, depending on the dealer. The seat I posted the link on is one like they sent me the first time without the lumbar adjustment. This means if they can sell this seat for $329.99 and still make good money, they could sell the same seat I have with the lumbar adjustment for $375 and make money with no problem.

I have no interest in buying a seat when they are replacing mine for free, but I would say if your seat is in really top notch shape, $225 would be a fair price to both parties.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:10 AM
LawnSite Member

Please give us a review weeble after you get to use it. I'm in the market for a new seat as well.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:29 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan's Lawn Care View Post
I drove a older Exmark last with a Michigan seat and ill take Gravely's air ride any day. I think the only other mower that can compete with the Gravely for comfort is Ferris. Someone needs to put the Gravely seat on a Ferris.
I agree!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-16-2013, 06:58 AM
LawnSite Member

Thank you for the info. I do have the upgraded seat with the lumbar support. With this information and a little research my price changed to 225.00. I am a larger man [320 tank lol] I have upgraded to the Grammar seat witch is rated for 370 lbs.
Thanks for all your help, Clay
Old 05-16-2013, 08:55 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Thank you for the info. I do have the upgraded seat with the lumbar support. With this information and a little research my price changed to 225.00. I am a larger man [320 tank lol] I have upgraded to the Grammar seat witch is rated for 370 lbs.
Thanks for all your help, Clay
I take it your Super Z has the HyperDrive hydraulic system, which is by far light ages beyond the competition. You are a big man, but from what I've seen with the new 72" Super Z I purchased last year with the "industrial grade" (other commercial ztr's utilize commercial grade hydraulics), it will handle your weight along with the mowers at zero stress to the system.

Which Super Z did you purchase, deck and engine?
Old 05-16-2013, 10:30 AM
LawnSite Member

I have the 2012 model with the 31 kasi with the HyperDrive hydraulic system - 60in xv4 deck - flex forks. Love it - ride is great in most cases. I cut some lg vacant property's that beat me up somewhat. With my weight I bottom out the seat at times. My local dealer had a 104 SZ with the Grammar seat on it and I seen that it was rated for 370 lbs, [I] tried it out and loved it. It is supposed to be delivered today. I really didn't see the reason for all the speed the Z has with me not being able to use it thus the new heaver rated seat.
Thanks Clay
Old 05-16-2013, 11:11 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
I have the 2012 model with the 31 kasi with the HyperDrive hydraulic system - 60in xv4 deck - flex forks. Love it - ride is great in most cases. I cut some lg vacant property's that beat me up somewhat. With my weight I bottom out the seat at times. My local dealer had a 104 SZ with the Grammar seat on it and I seen that it was rated for 370 lbs, [I] tried it out and loved it. It is supposed to be delivered today. I really didn't see the reason for all the speed the Z has with me not being able to use it thus the new heaver rated seat.
Thanks Clay
The seat, or the 104 is being delivered? No doubt you will love the Grammar seat. I looked at the Puffer Air Ride seat base and it appears you could put any reasonably padded seat on this platform and it would give a ride second to none. Take a look, it appears to have a strong build, and it could be micro adjusted for any weight.

I do utilize the maximum speed delivered by the Super Z, and with excellent results at a 3" cutting height. They claim my mower is a 16 mph machine, but I can tell you it is no where close to 16 mph, about 14 1/2 max.

http://ztrpuffer.com/#home
Old 05-16-2013, 04:19 PM
LawnSite Member

My seat WAS delivered today. Will install tomorrow.
Old 05-16-2013, 04:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeble67 View Post
I called the company and spoke with a representative. I was really happy with talking to him, they have been making these seats for 10 years. Starting out with custom made and custom installed systems. Over the years they have progressed to all in one units. I asked what made their seat better than the Michigan Seat. I was told, buy it. If you don't like it send it back. I'll give you 100% cash back. You'll only be out the cost to ship it back. So I placed my order, should be here by the weekend. Planning to start next week out using it.
Looking forward to your results after you have used it for awhile.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:07 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
My seat WAS delivered today. Will install tomorrow.
What did the grammer set you back?
Posted via Mobile Device

Tags
air ride , exmark , suspension , toro