Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-12-2013, 09:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Bobcat E45 vs Case/Kobelco 50sr

Hi,
My dad wants to upgrade our mini. Currently we have a 2001 Kobelco Sr45-2 with around 1700 hours. The machine has been great with no major problems. Only real complaint is the cab is a little small.

Currently working with Bobcat and Case to come up with a deal. One thing that concerns us is some of the specs with the Bobcat

Arm force: 5332 with short arm and 4690 with long.
Bucket force: 7650

Now the Case
Arm: 5912 short and 5238 long.
Bucket: 11,128

That's a big difference in bucket breakout force. Has anyone had any experience with either machine? Im wondering how true those specs are and if there really is that big of difference in the bucket.

Also another thing is one Case dealer said that they quit making the case cx50 so that another thing were looking into. Waiting for some numbers to come back on the bobcat to see if we want to set up a demo or not.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:20 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I believe that Kobelco has to supply their mini to CASE for the next 5 years. After that it is unknown. However Kobelco will always build that mini it just may not say CASE on it. So parts will not be an issue. I have run the CASE machine and the breakout is real. Pulling concrete that bucket breakout is priceless. I have never run the BC.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I vote the Case/Kobelco but have not run a Bobcat. I'm renting a Kobelco 55 right now and that cab is much better I think for getting in and out. So far I like it better than the TK 153 I had.
Old 05-12-2013, 11:24 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The cab on the 55 is different than the cab on the 50.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:01 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

If you look on Case or Kobelco website they don't even show the 50 anymore. Case goes from the 35 to the 55 and Kobelco stops at 35. Yes I know the 55 cab is bigger but that machines a shade too big. Our dealer said they can't even order 50s anymore and were trying to find one for us. However we called another dealer and they said they are still making them and have a few on order. I don't know who to believe. The second dealer is too far away to deal with though.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:36 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

http://cnhexcavators.com/

http://www.kobelco-usa.com/index2.html
Old 05-13-2013, 06:39 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

http://www.kobelco-usa.com/corporate...13/130418.html
Old 05-16-2013, 06:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Well the Case salesman decided to take his good old time and not return phone calls for days. They quit making the 50 in both Case and Kobelco. Nobody knows why either. Called a few places and all they have are the 55's. We want a machine around the 10,500 range.

The bobcat man became a little more aggressive with his pricing so we are going with the Bobcat E45. Should have it first part of next week. Im looking into a mulching head for it now.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:40 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateV View Post
Well the Case salesman decided to take his good old time and not return phone calls for days. They quit making the 50 in both Case and Kobelco. Nobody knows why either. Called a few places and all they have are the 55's. We want a machine around the 10,500 range.

The bobcat man became a little more aggressive with his pricing so we are going with the Bobcat E45. Should have it first part of next week. Im looking into a mulching head for it now.
The only mulching head that will work on it is a Torrent. The rest are mowers.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:56 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateV View Post

I can understand wanting a mini to be at the 10,000 pound size. Surprised that Kobelco/Case would kill the 50 though?