Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-16-2013, 08:39 PM
LawnSite Member

Utility Vehicle - Kubota - Input Required

Hey All.

I'm in the market for a Utility Vehicle. I know it's not 'heavy' equipment, but nonetheless, usually good input here.

It will just be used for general purpose stuff around our place, hauling things, getting firewood, tooting around, maybe plow driveway.

I would like it to be diesel, 4wd, decent ground clearance, dump box.

I'm looking online at the Kubota RTV900XT series. Would appreciate any input on these, or other recommendations.

Thanks.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Here is mine. Don't use it much just a toy but I use it a lot. It comes in handy around the house and has hydraulics at the rear too so you can hook up and use about anything.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Better clarify that sounds stupid. I don't use it for work much but I do around the house a lot.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:29 PM
LawnSite Member

I have a x6 Ranger...It is used primarily to haul dirt on the dike and then mostly on the farm for transportation...It carries a full load of dirt or cement rubble, and has been flawless the last three years or so...No modifications, and just the oild change so far....The tool storage area is very handy....Tony
Old 05-17-2013, 12:45 AM
LawnSite Member

I work at a pretty large cemetery where we have 3 kubota rtvs. We have 2 900s and an 1100. Great machines. We've used others such as club car and jd gators but we've slowly been trading in the others and replacing with kubota. We have over 500 hours on all of them I think and do nothing except oils and filters at recommended intervals. I've replaced axles and u joints on our oldest one but they take a lot of abuse. We run hydraulic attachments off the rear and one of them has a snowplow. The plow is great for sidewalks. All of ours have enclosed cabs which is nice in winter. Our newest one is the 1100. Other than a few options like ac and kubota can vs Curtis cab not a huge difference. However our newest has a sprayed in bed liner from the factory. I highly recommend getting it done. Our oldest ones bed is rotting out and I put a new tailgate on it last year. We keep them indoors but the rhino liner is tough and nice. Let me know if u have any specific questions we love ours.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-18-2013, 12:02 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashlawn01 View Post
Here is mine. Don't use it much just a toy but I use it a lot. It comes in handy around the house and has hydraulics at the rear too so you can hook up and use about anything.
Hey Nashlawn. Nice looking machine.

What type of hydraulic attachments do you use?
Old 05-18-2013, 12:08 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLC1985 View Post
I work at a pretty large cemetery where we have 3 kubota rtvs. We have 2 900s and an 1100. Great machines. We've used others such as club car and jd gators but we've slowly been trading in the others and replacing with kubota. We have over 500 hours on all of them I think and do nothing except oils and filters at recommended intervals. I've replaced axles and u joints on our oldest one but they take a lot of abuse. We run hydraulic attachments off the rear and one of them has a snowplow. The plow is great for sidewalks. All of ours have enclosed cabs which is nice in winter. Our newest one is the 1100. Other than a few options like ac and kubota can vs Curtis cab not a huge difference. However our newest has a sprayed in bed liner from the factory. I highly recommend getting it done. Our oldest ones bed is rotting out and I put a new tailgate on it last year. We keep them indoors but the rhino liner is tough and nice. Let me know if u have any specific questions we love ours.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks for the info. Good to hear they are reliable. What type of attachments to you use?
Old 05-18-2013, 08:37 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

We owned a RTV 900 for 5 years and put 1200 hrs on it . I feel its the nicest of the UTVs for work.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Haven't used many attachments yet. Used a hydraulic auger to dig holes for fence posts. And the motor went out on my splitter and since I have this machine I rigged up quick connects on splitter and run it off kubota.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:07 PM
LawnSite Member

We picked up a used RTV 900 a little less than a year ago for a steal of a price. It was used in a cemetery in it's past life and had been traded in along with another RTV 900 to the local Deere dealer. My brother just happened to be out there a couple days after it came in. It needed some work and new rear tires, but it was all easily available parts and work that we could do. So far, the RTV has been perfect for work and play. I use it all the time for my job at a community development corporation for work around our buildings, gardens, cleanup work, plowing sidewalks, and driving around the neighborhood checking things out. It's much more efficient than driving around my F-250, and the power dump bed is super handy.

It's also great for play time. We take it for hunting and with the ATV's. It pulls on a trailer like it's not even there.