Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 05-16-2013, 10:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Advice on Purchasing Another Sprayer

I need to get another sprayer but I can't decide what to get. I need a 200gal and I like the idea of the space saver tank....but, I don't know about the D403 pump. I know there were issues with the Lesco/C.C. Sprayers, especially the plumbing. I'm assuming/hoping Rittenhouse got it right. Anyway, what are your likes/dislikes and recommendations? One more thing, I would like baffles, but that's not a deal breaker. And I'm not in a position time wise to build one. Maybe this winter, but not now.
Old 05-18-2013, 11:48 AM
LawnSite Member

Bump to the top.
Old 05-19-2013, 12:17 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

We have used Hypro D-30 diaphragm pumps. Still do. Hope you can eventually upgrade to a TURFCO T3000.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:29 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The only real issue with the lesco tank and d403, I think was the bypass line plumbed into the suction line, I had occasional cavitation issues with mine until I plumbed it back into the tank
thanks to heritage on here
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-28-2013, 07:29 PM
LawnSite Member

Bump to the top
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-28-2013, 10:09 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbturf View Post
The only real issue with the lesco tank and d403, I think was the bypass line plumbed into the suction line, I had occasional cavitation issues with mine until I plumbed it back into the tank
thanks to heritage on here
Posted via Mobile Device
Jb, have you had any issues with poor agitation in your tank. I'm concerned that the flat bottoms where the tank overlaps the bed, and the flat bottomed tank may retain residue more than a curved tank.
What materials are you running through it? I spray a good bit of iron/micros, flowables and wettable powders and granules. I plan on replacing the diaphragms every winter, but hopefully not more often.
Also, do you know why Cub Cadet/Lesco quit making this style sprayer?
Would you buy another one if you were in the market for one?
Your thoughts are much appreciated.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-28-2013, 10:09 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

And yes, excess should go back to the tank--not to the suction line. Its an advantage if you can start the pump without climbing onto the bed of the truck. Handy if you can add water to the tank without climbing to the top of the tank. Be sure you can change the oil easily--and fill the gas tank. Take a look and be sure you can change the pump diaphragms easily--I hear in some cases--you must unbolt the motor(swing it out) to reach the diaphragms behind the D-403.
Good agitation is helpful--necessary if you use powders. Try to be sure you can reach the agitation valve without getting into the bed.
A "roof" over the motor helps keep it dry and prevents chemicals from dripping off the hose and into the engine--damage can result.

Referring to your above fresh comments: Three or four agitation nozzles inside the tank should provide enough agitation. Be sure the filter is conveniently located so you can clean it easily.
If you spray fertilizer--plan on rust and repainting every winter.

Last edited by RigglePLC; 05-28-2013 at 10:14 PM. Reason: add
Old 05-29-2013, 06:40 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I used to spray a lot of bolster, and that was harsh on it, I discontinued using that , agitation is quite good, but 90% of the time I'm using liquid products . The stock cup screen was 100 mesh I think, swapped that for a 40 or 50 is better. Pressure side filter is a good idea also, like riggle said its tough to get at all three diaphragm -- I do not use my tank as much as others on here, I would look for input from those using one heavy also
Posted via Mobile Device

Tags
space saver , sprayer , tank