Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #17811  
Old 05-18-2013, 06:04 PM
calvinslawnservices's Avatar
calvinslawnservices calvinslawnservices is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Grand Rapids MI
Posts: 512
Any one know of a sod dealer near grand rapids?
__________________
2008 Ford F-250
7*12 Single axle trailer
Toro Grandstand 60"
(2) Husky Backpack Blower BT150
Stihl Handhelds
and American Muscle
Reply With Quote
  #17812  
Old 05-18-2013, 07:56 PM
reliablelawn reliablelawn is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Detroit MI
Posts: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberland Landscape View Post
Anyone know who sells triple shred hardwood mulch?? I know double shred is common, but does anyone sell triple shred? Looking for bulk delivery supplier. thanks.
Pauls tree service and wholesale mulch based in Southfield at 8/evergreen. Google their name for their website. Great products, great guys.
Reply With Quote
  #17813  
Old 05-19-2013, 01:12 AM
Centralmichiganlawncare's Avatar
Centralmichiganlawncare Centralmichiganlawncare is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Lansing, Mi
Posts: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvinslawnservices View Post
Any one know of a sod dealer near grand rapids?
Ludema & Boyink Sod Farm I use them as my supplier for the lansing area. Very cheap delivery charge
__________________
2000 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD
2013 Redmax EBZ8500RH Backpack Blower
2008 Exmark 60"Turf Tracer
2001 Bobcat 48 Inch Hydro Walkbehind
2010 Toro 2450 Snowblower
2013 Redmax BCZ2460TS String Trimmer
2014 Redmaz HEZ2450S Edger
2011 Haul-It 7x16 Landscape Trailer
2012 Toro Push Mower
Reply With Quote
  #17814  
Old 05-19-2013, 07:16 AM
vmike vmike is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: New Hudson, MI
Posts: 7
Triple Shredded Mulch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberland Landscape View Post
Anyone know who sells triple shred hardwood mulch?? I know double shred is common, but does anyone sell triple shred? Looking for bulk delivery supplier. thanks.
Yes. If you're still looking shoot me a private message or give me a call/text. I'll put you in touch w/ someone. (248) 767-4130
Reply With Quote
  #17815  
Old 05-19-2013, 07:23 AM
vmike vmike is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: New Hudson, MI
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightningllc View Post
What do you need done??
Posted via Mobile Device
Start up & shut down; small commercial site. Might have a few others as well.
Reply With Quote
  #17816  
Old 05-19-2013, 08:17 AM
reliablelawn reliablelawn is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Detroit MI
Posts: 116
Question for the local guys- I'm located at 696/Woodard and business is getting to the point where I can no longer use friends here and there as part time workers. I want to find someone that is willing to be full time for the mowing season, help out with fall cleanups, and snow. What I don't know is how to go about finding such a person. All my part time help is college kids who go away in the fall and spring. The only thing I can think of is post an ad on craigslist, but am unsure of the type of crowd that would draw in. If any one can share some personal experience with hiring employees and how to go about that, especially the first few employees, I would greatly appreciate that.
Reply With Quote
  #17817  
Old 05-19-2013, 08:24 AM
Lightningllc's Avatar
Lightningllc Lightningllc is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: South Lyon , MI
Posts: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmike View Post
Start up & shut down; small commercial site. Might have a few others as well.
Get ahold of me 2482407298
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #17818  
Old 05-19-2013, 08:25 AM
vmike vmike is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: New Hudson, MI
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by reliablelawn View Post
Question for the local guys- I'm located at 696/Woodard and business is getting to the point where I can no longer use friends here and there as part time workers. I want to find someone that is willing to be full time for the mowing season, help out with fall cleanups, and snow. What I don't know is how to go about finding such a person. All my part time help is college kids who go away in the fall and spring. The only thing I can think of is post an ad on craigslist, but am unsure of the type of crowd that would draw in. If any one can share some personal experience with hiring employees and how to go about that, especially the first few employees, I would greatly appreciate that.
I can tell you that recruiting and developing good employees is a major challenge. My advice is to always be looking for talent. If you wait until you have an empty seat on the mower, it's too late. Some places to post ads include: Craigslist, Backpage, Michigan Talent Bank, Paper signs in party stores, etc. I've used all of these w/ varying results. Talk to people and get the word out (like you are right now). I think the best source (when it's an option) is referrals from your current employees. Good luck w/ your search!
Reply With Quote
  #17819  
Old 05-19-2013, 08:26 AM
vmike vmike is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: New Hudson, MI
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightningllc View Post
Get ahold of me 2482407298
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks. I'll touch base w/ you Monday
Reply With Quote
  #17820  
Old 05-19-2013, 08:26 AM
Lightningllc's Avatar
Lightningllc Lightningllc is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: South Lyon , MI
Posts: 330
Anyone want a landscape job north of Chicago. Just got a hit off my website.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
alternative landscaping

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:54 AM.

Page generated in 0.25030 seconds with 10 queries