Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-22-2013, 03:00 PM
LawnSite Member

Toro TimeMaster Lawnmower Refer a Friend Rebate - Looks like a free $50 bill to me

Toro TimeMaster Lawnmower Refer a Friend - Give and/or Receive a successful referral and get $50 each
Posted on Toro's FaceBook page (https://www.facebook.com/Toro.Company):

When existing TimeMaster customers recommend Toro’s 30” lawn mower to a friend and the friend purchases one between April 1 – June 30, 2013, the original customer and their friend each will receive a Visa gift card for $50. See www.toro.com/referafriend [toro.com] for full promotion details and the required form.

I just bought a Timemaster.

If someone is about to buy one and wants to "be my friend" PM me.

I bet we can get some other folks interested here in doing this, seems like a win/win.

All that is required is a copy of the purchase receipt and the PDF form located at the 2nd link above. Referring party fills out form and sends a digital copy along with scanned receipt to buyer. New buyer fills out rest of form and submits with a copy of their own receipt. $50 each!

Terms & Conditions:
This rebate is redeemable only for a referral that concludes in the purchase of a new Toro TimeMaster lawn mower. Limit (1) rebate per referral purchase. This offer cannot be combined with any other offer. Toro is not responsible for incomplete requests, loss in mail, or any consequential damages. Submit your sales receipt (photocopies are accepted) and rebate coupon, and retain a copy for your records. Please allow 8 to 12 weeks to process request. Void where prohibited, taxed, or otherwise restricted by law. Reproductions of this coupon will be accepted. Toro reserves the right to rescind and/or change this offer at any time. Sales/ purchases by Toro dealers/installers, their employees, and families are not eligible for this promotion. Valid for U.S. customers only. Offer is valid on purchases between April 1, 2013 and June 30, 2013. Must be postmarked byJuly 31, 2013 to be eligible.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:31 AM
LawnSite Member

I just picked up a TimeMaster last weekend and would like to take advantage of this offer as well (first cut was great!). If there is anyone out there with a TM they have already registered with Toro, please PM me and I can fill out the form (will need your name, address, and serial number) and send it for $50 each. Let me know!

I'd also like to throw a thank you out to the forum for the great reviews and info provided here. I have been researching a new walk behind since last season and lawnsite was invaluable.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:20 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

My dealer has a timemaster....in back. Too busy to put it together and bring it out. I can't seem to find close-up pictures showing exactly what I'd like to see. What can you guys tell me about the drivetrain?

I did tell the dealer that if it was like the turfmaster that I wouldn't be interested. The turfmaster works great for the first month, then seems like it won't pull itself up a hill....and I don't want any part of that anymore. He said it was a hydro - but I don't see the controls in the pictures. I'd really like to trade my exmark metro in for the timemaster if it's really a good machine.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:58 AM
LawnSite Member

I'm definitely not an equipment expert as I am a homeowner, not a service provider so others may want to chime in, but the Timemaster uses the standard Toro personal pace system. It is my understanding that this system uses a friction system that slips the transmission when not fully engaged. I believe the Timemaster and Turfmaster use the same drive train so if the Turfmaster doesn't work for you, the Timemaster won't be any better. I am not sure if the Exmark version is different. Here is a link to the parts schematic for the Timemaster: Parts Link

Last edited by N8G; 05-21-2013 at 12:03 PM.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:15 PM
LawnSite Member

Great Promo for a great mower! Personal pace has worked great for me part time mowing. 21" mowers are so two years ago.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dareo View Post
Great Promo for a great mower! Personal pace has worked great for me part time mowing. 21" mowers are so two years ago.
The personal pace is the best mower you'll ever own. For about two months. Then the drive belt just won't pull the mower up a hill anymore. Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking them. I bought my son a new one just a week ago or so. But the drive belt system is nowhere nearly as sturdy as it needs to be for commercial mowing.

Dang...and I was all excited too.
Old 05-21-2013, 05:00 PM
LawnSite Member

I got like 7 years out of my last personal pace, never changed the drive belt. I hope the newer ones will hold up more than 2 months. Everything i mow is 98% flat, but it's proven reliable for me.

I assume a new belt would fix it?
Old 05-21-2013, 07:03 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8G View Post
I just picked up a TimeMaster last weekend and would like to take advantage of this offer as well (first cut was great!). If there is anyone out there with a TM they have already registered with Toro, please PM me and I can fill out the form (will need your name, address, and serial number) and send it for $50 each. Let me know!

I'd also like to throw a thank you out to the forum for the great reviews and info provided here. I have been researching a new walk behind since last season and lawnsite was invaluable.
I bought a Timemaster 2 weeks ago but haven't registered yet. Would be glad to go in with you for the rebate. Can't PM because I haven't posted enough. I can give you my email address.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:24 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpcollinsworth View Post
I bought a Timemaster 2 weeks ago but haven't registered yet. Would be glad to go in with you for the rebate. Can't PM because I haven't posted enough. I can give you my email address.
JP - Thanks for the offer, but since you are going in with AMR I would prefer teaming up with someone else that isn't already involved in case Toro black flags those that are double dipping. Hope that is understandable.
Old 05-22-2013, 01:47 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8G View Post
JP - Thanks for the offer, but since you are going in with AMR I would prefer teaming up with someone else that isn't already involved in case Toro black flags those that are double dipping. Hope that is understandable.
I do understand. However, AMR hasn't responded to my last public message from May 12 and hasn't posted since starting this thread on April 22. So, if you don't hear from anyone else that is able to go in with you, feel free to contact me via email at jp_collinsworth-at-Comcast.net. I will register my purchase with Toro tonight. I purchased my TimeMaster May 10.