Old 05-20-2013, 08:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Lawns sure are dry on east side
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-20-2013, 11:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrapro View Post
I never expected this year to be this good. This is crazy, I don't know about you guys but I have a ton of work!
I'm having my best year so far. I'm slammed to the point I'm sure I loose a few because I can't get there quick enough. I'm at the point now of telling any new project that I'm not really interested in that it'll be July/August before I can give them a slot.

I hate turning work away, but I'm finally learning you end up further ahead turning away jobs that aren't as profitable.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-20-2013, 11:46 PM
LawnSite Member

This season is starting out great for me also. I too am surprised at how busy we are now that the weather has finally broke.
2 months out with work, and still getting the calls. Funny thing is, people don't seem to mind it when I tell them I can meet with them now, but won't be able to begin the job until mid-July.

And this is all happening without me sacrificing my pricing just to be 'competitive' with everyone else. I am confident in my work/workers and charge accordingly.

Hope everyone is experiencing a better season also. Be safe!
Old 05-21-2013, 08:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone able to do a areation in royal oak
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-21-2013, 09:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Aeration.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-21-2013, 10:22 PM
LawnSite Member

What do you all do for storage? I'm at the point now where working out of my family's garage is being pushed to the limit. I'm looking for a 1-1.5k sq ft building in Ferndale/hazel park/oak park with no luck
Old 05-22-2013, 11:35 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outdoors_Unlimited View Post
I'm having my best year so far. I'm slammed to the point I'm sure I loose a few because I can't get there quick enough. I'm at the point now of telling any new project that I'm not really interested in that it'll be July/August before I can give them a slot.

I hate turning work away, but I'm finally learning you end up further ahead turning away jobs that aren't as profitable.
Posted via Mobile Device
This brings me to my question. How have you guys been with customer service while being slammed? I give myself a D right now. I had 23 voice mails in 2 days.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-23-2013, 07:04 PM
LawnSite Member

We are looking to hire a lawn maintenance crew member in the fenton area pay dependent on experience. 40-50 hours a week minimum if any one has any leads on people looking for work.

810-625-0631
Old 05-23-2013, 09:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCLawn and more View Post
This brings me to my question. How have you guys been with customer service while being slammed? I give myself a D right now. I had 23 voice mails in 2 days.
Posted via Mobile Device
I have had the same issue lately. I came to the conclusion though that if I want to get anything done, I have to let VM catch it.

I then screen through my calls at night, and call back the leads I'm interested in.

I have all of my yearly maintenance peoples phone numbers stored in my contacts, and call them back between job sites when I see they call. I also have the visual vm option on my phone, so I can listen to the calls from maintenance people without having to listen through all of the voicemail.

Another thing I've done is push it to clients that I use texting, and many of them understand the benefit of communicating that way.

I would say I've been handling it the best I can as an operator who works in the field.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-23-2013, 10:21 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outdoors_Unlimited View Post
I have had the same issue lately. I came to the conclusion though that if I want to get anything done, I have to let VM catch it.

I then screen through my calls at night, and call back the leads I'm interested in.

I have all of my yearly maintenance peoples phone numbers stored in my contacts, and call them back between job sites when I see they call. I also have the visual vm option on my phone, so I can listen to the calls from maintenance people without having to listen through all of the voicemail.

Another thing I've done is push it to clients that I use texting, and many of them understand the benefit of communicating that way.

I would say I've been handling it the best I can as an operator who works in the field.
Posted via Mobile Device
I try to use texting a lot. I ended up leaving a guy out in the cold last week saying I was going to do this and that and totally forgot about it, didn't mean too. I've never had these issues till last fall. Also a fault of mine is when I go into work mode I won't make or take calls. I could literally be on the phone all day I think so when that happens I go emergency only phone calls.
Posted via Mobile Device

Tags
alternative landscaping