Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather
View Poll Results: What are your thoughts on hustler x one for mowing 3 acres of residential mowing?
Yes, the x one is too much mower for 3 acres of residential use 2 9.09%
No, the x one would be a great mower for 3 acres of residential use 20 90.91%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-23-2013, 07:07 PM
LawnSite Member

Hustler x one 54" overkill for 3 acres residential use?

What are your thoughts?
Old 05-23-2013, 08:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

IMO it wouldnt be overkill, especially with a 54 inch deck. If you got the money for an x one then I say go for it. You will probably have the best looking yard in town.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by slb9981 View Post
What are your thoughts?
You will love the mower so much you will be looking for grass to cut, if you like the mower, money is no problem, then don't concern yourself with the word overkill...buy the mower, you won't regret it.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

54 is good for that size.

Scag mowers
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
www.ClarksvilleLawnCare.us

"Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later."
-Og Mandino
Old 05-23-2013, 09:54 PM
LawnSite Member

I found the x one brand new with the fx 730 for $7100 plus tax including the 0% for 4 years. It's about $1200 more than i wanted to spend but hard to argue when the fastrack superduty is only $900 cheaper than the x one at the local dealer.

I Think the x one is well with the $900 extra.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-23-2013, 10:16 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slb9981 View Post
I found the x one brand new with the fx 730 for $7100 plus tax including the 0% for 4 years. It's about $1200 more than i wanted to spend but hard to argue when the fastrack superduty is only $900 cheaper than the x one at the local dealer.

I Think the x one is well with the $900 extra.
Posted via Mobile Device
As a owner of a X-one and a Mini Z (the old superduty) I can assure you the Xone is well worth the money difference for the upgrades. The Xone will be a mower that will last you for a very very very very long time.
The new deck gives a very clean cut if blades are kept sharp and is a discharge machine so it will handle what ever you throw at it.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 05-24-2013, 07:30 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landscape Poet View Post
As a owner of a X-one and a Mini Z (the old superduty) I can assure you the Xone is well worth the money difference for the upgrades. The Xone will be a mower that will last you for a very very very very long time.
The new deck gives a very clean cut if blades are kept sharp and is a discharge machine so it will handle what ever you throw at it.
This is the kind of post he needs to read, one coming from a person with an accurate opinion. The reason I say accurate is for the fact you own both the X-ONE and the Mini Z, and can speak from experience to the difference between the two.

I have friends running the X-ONE along with their Super Z's in their lawn maintenance businesses, as a matter of fact I saw one of them cutting a smaller commercial business yesterday afternoon. There was a Super Z left sitting on the trailer, with the X-ONE being used to cut the property.

I have another friend that I attend church with, he cuts, from what I can guess by looking, around 3 ac. of personal property. He owned and operated a Hustler Super Z for many years cutting this property, but bought a new X-ONE last year. I've asked him what he thought about his X-ONE, and he told me he really liked the mower, and the only real difference he could see between his older Super Z and the X-ONE was speed, something he said could not be utilized on his property anyway, so the slower X-ONE suited his needs to a tee.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:38 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Personally for 3 open acres I wouldnt want anything less than a 60". I run a 52" and wish I had a 60" or more when cutting more than an acre.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-24-2013, 07:53 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
Personally for 3 open acres I wouldnt want anything less than a 60". I run a 52" and wish I had a 60" or more when cutting more than an acre.
Posted via Mobile Device
I personally have never owned a deck less than a 60", then moved up to a 66", and now also own a 72". It is what you get use to, I can maneuver and cut grass (including trimming) equally as well with the 66" or 72" when comparing to the 60", so I feel assured going from a 50"+ deck to a 60 would not require a learning curve, the only thing a person would notice is finish time would be faster.

I definitely agree with you, I would think in his situation there would honestly be no reason to go with anything other than a 60" deck, that is unless he is getting some type of incredible deal on the 54, and money is an object.
Old 05-24-2013, 09:29 AM
LawnSite Member

Will i spend that much more time on the 54" over the 60" for 3 acres? I tried looking at the charts they have but couldnt find one to compare the 60 to 54. Seems most are the 60 to 52 or 48.i didn't recall much difference in the 60" to 52" @ 80% efficiency.

Posted via Mobile Device