Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-24-2013, 07:11 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Foot bridge Media

We have discussed web sites before but a friend has just started using this company and in 1 month they had him appearing on google on the first page in searches for his buisness. Anyone ever used them?
Old 05-24-2013, 09:45 AM
LawnSite Member

I would do lots of homework!

I know there are often cheaper ways to go. I believe Godaddy and even google have programs you pay per click thru; Those options are usually better than companies that claim to do manual site listings!

beware contacts.. easy sign those companies are FOS
Old 05-24-2013, 06:38 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impact-Vector View Post
I would do lots of homework!

I know there are often cheaper ways to go. I believe Godaddy and even google have programs you pay per click thru; Those options are usually better than companies that claim to do manual site listings!

beware contacts.. easy sign those companies are FOS
You need too visit there website. For 150 a month they do all site design, logo, seo work, hosting, guranteed updates, no contract etc. and they specialize in contractors. Google has ad words and they work but they only work on google so if someone uses Bing or yahoo you will not reach them.
Old 05-26-2013, 10:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWJ Services View Post
You need too visit there website. For 150 a month they do all site design, logo, seo work, hosting, guranteed updates, no contract etc. and they specialize in contractors. Google has ad words and they work but they only work on google so if someone uses Bing or yahoo you will not reach them.
They may be good, but you might want to search "black hat seo" . I spent 15k building my site and on ways to pull up organically so I just won't disappear one day when google makes a change to its algorithm. There is a guy on here, I think Tony Geek, you may want to research some of his posts on seo. I pay a similar amount per month for maintenance etc.
Old 05-26-2013, 10:55 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
No contract, but if you stop paying the $150/month, what happens?
Old 05-27-2013, 08:09 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygreek View Post
No contract, but if you stop paying the $150/month, what happens?
Same thing that happens when you stop paying for any advertisment.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:26 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

My last post was a little short and I reread it and I did not want it to come across wrong. My buisness is different because I will only do usually one too 2 jobs ever for the customer due too the length of how long they last. I only need about 10 to 20 extra new customers a year. I also just do not have the time too do the SEO work myself or the time too learn how to do it. I have my domain name already but I would not let foot bridge have that domain name.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:26 AM
Banned

I think seo is a little different than other advertising. There a lot more to it than expecting miracles for $150 a month. Especially when there are so many different search terms for our line of work. But try it, hopefully google won't ban your website if they do too much black hat type stuff.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:30 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWI View Post
I think seo is a little different than other advertising. There a lot more to it than expecting miracles for $150 a month. Especially when there are so many different search terms for our line of work. But try it, hopefully google won't ban your website if they do too much black hat type stuff.
I am skeptical so thats why I am putting out feelers.
Old 05-27-2013, 09:36 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Same thing that happens when you stop paying for any advertisment.
Exactly. If you look at it as $1,800/yr, that puts you squarely in solid budget for owning a well-executed web site, done by a pro, that does not turn off the minute you stop paying the no-contract, monthly fee. They're offering a timeshare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWI View Post
hopefully google won't ban your website if they do too much black hat type stuff.
Since you don't own the site, the risk of a Google black hat is minimized a bit. That said, from the few sites I checked out, their keyword stuffing is pretty egregious, especially in their footers. I didn't bother looking at the backlinks they build or check for duplicate content, but if you don't mind a cookie cutter, Yellow Pages'esque site, and you want hands off, I'm sure it's fine.

Personally, I wouldn't recommend anyone invest in a "no-contract" deal like that where, clearly, there is the subtext of a contract, especially given that you're marketing a domain name that could vanish at any time, leaving you with useless marketing collateral. There's no sense in leasing what you can easily own, and see a potentially much higher ROI with.