Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-25-2013, 07:04 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Loving the Tundra. 5.7 has plenty of power and is smooth as silk. Tranny stays happy and does its thing seemlessly. Gas mileage is almost twice the F250. Brakes do just fine. Comfort is off the charts. Sorry to all the haters that just live for a bad report. I really don't need one tons and diesels to get done what we do. Likely looking to add two more.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-25-2013, 07:15 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
Loving the Tundra. 5.7 has plenty of power and is smooth as silk. Tranny stays happy and does its thing seemlessly. Gas mileage is almost twice the F250. Brakes do just fine. Comfort is off the charts. Sorry to all the haters that just live for a bad report. I really don't need one tons and diesels to get done what we do. Likely looking to add two more.
Posted via Mobile Device
Hell yea!! Its an awesome truck for sure i have had my 2008 since new and it has around 84-K on it now...oddly enough i just had to replace the radiator but that's it....15-K OCI and its all good....

The Patriot-Diamond connection is back!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-25-2013, 07:16 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Fyi you should go dig up that tundra thread where that be joker i think it was Punt would argue with everyone who loved their Tundra....
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-25-2013, 07:25 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The Tundra is more 3/4 ton than any other truck out there. Its built in San Antonio. That whole frame test is a rigged scam. I'm just not impressed with the big 3 anymore. The gas savings alone will make up the difference in base price. I just can't find any fault. I should have tried one sooner like you did.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-25-2013, 07:29 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
The Tundra is more 3/4 ton than any other truck out there. Its built in San Antonio. That whole frame test is a rigged scam. I'm just not impressed with the big 3 anymore. The gas savings alone will make up the difference in base price. I just can't find any fault. I should have tried one sooner like you did.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yea that was a funny thing cause the Tundra knocks would be that its a foreign made truck....i can't find any fault either and with a Toyota engine it will outlast all big 3 hands down with proper maintenance.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-02-2013, 06:20 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

140,000 on my 2006 with the 4.7 V8. Great truck.
Old 06-02-2013, 08:05 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

More Tundra guys than I thought. Unless you pulling an overloaded 18ft or bigger trailer you really don't need more. The fuel I saved in one week alone has me convinced this is the right move. I find the overall smoothness in tow mode remarkable. The power is smooth from idle to 65 without flooring and revving the crap out of it. I was just less tired overall and I spent all week in the field with a crew after a guy quit (no notice). He thinks he has a future at TG.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-22-2013, 06:53 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Picking up a ton of maint work this year. Even some of the biweeklys are doing some upgrades. Added 10 more good full service accounts in WestChase. Saw another guy posting with a small 80 account business in Clearwater looking to sell out. Too far from me but could be a big jump for someone. If you search clearwater I think it will come up.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-05-2013, 09:17 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Had half of Thursday, today and the weekend off...def appreciate the time off...going back to Diego in September with my sister who has never been to Cal and wants to go...will b there for 5 days.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-10-2013, 05:29 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Amybody try those new self cooling towels advertised on tv yet? Just wet, wring, snap and it turns cold. Machine washable. Waiting for the commercial, gonna order a few. It just keeps getting hotter. Trucks never get shut off. Had a guy go down yesterday. Lucky his bosses are medics. We carry a full jump bag in each truck. IV, fluids, O2, AED and a few meds. Not much we can't do til EMS arrives.
Posted via Mobile Device