LawnSite Senior Member

few more

The trucks as well
Attached Images

-- Specializing in Quality Lawn Care and Landscape Contracting--

21 Years Old
Old 05-27-2013, 12:23 AM
LawnSite Member

Hey Brandon over the past few days I've read your entire forum. It was really cool to kind of see your business grow over the two seasons on this forum. I have to say you're honestly living the exact life I've been dreaming of. Lol. I'm only 18 and only in my second year of business. I'm in a much smaller town than you and there is much less of a market in my area. I do plan on moving to a GREAT area within the next few years so I'm hoping to have as much success as you in my next few years. Anyway....sorry for the long post, but i have a few things i hope you'll help me with if you will. First off, how do those small push broadcast spreaders work for you? I have pretty big properties in my area (some 3 acres and up), and just can't imagine pushing that spreader through the whole yard. What do you think? Brandon, and anyone for that matter, any help, tips, or advice would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!!!

Lane
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-27-2013, 01:13 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawlessLawns View Post
Hey Brandon over the past few days I've read your entire forum. It was really cool to kind of see your business grow over the two seasons on this forum. I have to say you're honestly living the exact life I've been dreaming of. Lol. I'm only 18 and only in my second year of business. I'm in a much smaller town than you and there is much less of a market in my area. I do plan on moving to a GREAT area within the next few years so I'm hoping to have as much success as you in my next few years. Anyway....sorry for the long post, but i have a few things i hope you'll help me with if you will. First off, how do those small push broadcast spreaders work for you? I have pretty big properties in my area (some 3 acres and up), and just can't imagine pushing that spreader through the whole yard. What do you think? Brandon, and anyone for that matter, any help, tips, or advice would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!!!

Lane
Posted via Mobile Device
I'm not an expert on spreaders but I can tell you that you can get spreaders that are regular broadcast spreaders that you can tow behind a mower or a four wheeler or whatever. But they run for about $350. its expensive but they would be worth it if you use them a lot
Old 05-27-2013, 10:12 AM
LawnSite Member

Yeah. I'm just going to be getting in to fertilizing soon and i don't wanna make a bunch of purchases that aren't justifiable yet. I also need advice on how to develop a fert program for each individual property. I haven't learned all the numbers and such yet. Thanks for the reply logan!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-27-2013, 10:33 AM
LawnSite Member

No problem man!
Old 05-27-2013, 10:47 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawlessLawns View Post
Yeah. I'm just going to be getting in to fertilizing soon and i don't wanna make a bunch of purchases that aren't justifiable yet. I also need advice on how to develop a fert program for each individual property. I haven't learned all the numbers and such yet. Thanks for the reply logan!
Posted via Mobile Device
The spreaders i have are like $100 bucks and they are horrible i just have my guys bow threw it with them theyve been good for me the last 2 years but they suck haha. I reccommend spending a little more money and getting a big one which would be $250 which i bought in fall of last year which works great. The little ones just arent good. I have a lot of fertilizing to do every year so i may be looking into getting a ride on spreader next season not sure yet but we will see. And i will give you one word of advice when you get more clients do not get overwhelmed with it all and get frustrated because once that happens your screwed. I started small and now im up to over 90 clients so things are pretty hectic but you just have to stay focused and manage everything and schedule everything out! Good luck with your business!

21 Years Old
Old 05-28-2013, 01:06 PM
LawnSite Member

Hey Brandon thanks for the reply! And thanksi for the advice. We are trying to grow at a rate that we can handle and have began developing systems to make our lives easier. So yeah i think we've decided we'll just buy a nice like $250 100 lb earthway spreader for now. What we need advice on now is how to develop fert programs for individual properties. We are complete newbies at this and looking for direction. Any help would be greatly appreciated guys. Thanks.

Lane
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-06-2013, 01:11 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Mulch and stripes

Re landscaped a house with all new stuff. turned out really nice.
Attached Images

21 Years Old
Old 06-06-2013, 01:13 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Attached Images

21 Years Old
Old 06-18-2013, 01:07 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Still busy!

heads still spinning! been very busy still mulching! We've put out over 240 yards of mulch so far and by the time its all said and done wwe will probably be around 300 yards! Stripes mulch and gutter cleaning.
Attached Images

21 Years Old