Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-27-2013, 05:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybrown View Post
I have a John Deere 925. Even on slight down hill grades I lose traction and slide. Once the front is pointing down you can't recover It makes big marks and I get stuck all the time. What can I do to fix this. I love the machine on flat ground but even slight hills are a challenge
My 925 is great on hills, much better than the 800 series. Make sure tire pressure is at the minimum psi according to manual. It also makes it less bumpy. I don't know what else to tell you. Got a picture of these hill grades?
Old 05-27-2013, 08:29 PM
LawnSite Member

Get a Walk-behind. lol
Old 05-27-2013, 08:41 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Move seat as far back as possible, lower tire psi, is there weight kit for the rear of the machine? I know a few years ago guys were having trouble with traction with there JD's and they came out with a weight kit or something.
Look into Carlisle AT101 or Mulittrack tires. Turf savers are horrible on slopes if thats what you have now!
Old 06-11-2013, 01:35 AM
LawnSite Member

Just bought an 09 820A and noticed the same thing about side traction. I think (can't remember for sure) that it calls for 12lbs of pressure in tires, so would 10 be ok?
Old 06-11-2013, 03:05 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickhippy View Post
Move seat as far back as possible, lower tire psi, is there weight kit for the rear of the machine? I know a few years ago guys were having trouble with traction with there JD's and they came out with a weight kit or something.
Look into Carlisle AT101 or Mulittrack tires. Turf savers are horrible on slopes if thats what you have now!
Absolutely turf saver is garbage. Any tire with 250+ hours on it is about used up. Get some turf masters and you'll be surprised what it will do. Also add a weight to the back or try mowing across the hill. Don't hesitate to spend the $120+ on each of those tires. It is well worth the $. Then add a dollar per hour to your rate for a new set every 250 hours.