Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-13-2013, 03:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Exmark Jack

Hey guys, I have been kicking around the idea of picking up the Exmark top wind jack kit to keep in the trailer. my understanding of this is that you bolt the receiver to the mower then the jack can be attached and taken off with pulling the pin, just like on some trailers. I think this could easily be built with parts from tractor supply for about $50. My question is do any of you have/use something like this? I think it would be a great tool, you could have one jack and each ztr could have a receiver on it to ease the process. I have an enclosed trailer so driving up one side of the gate is not an option.
Attached Images

Old 05-13-2013, 03:19 PM
LawnSite Member

Exmark Jack

Actually yes I've been searching for something like this myself. I have a toro but don't want to pay the 300 ticket. I would be interested in this also having an enclosed trailer. Thanks
Old 05-14-2013, 12:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

bit the bullet ordered it online for the bracket and jack it was $164 shipped to the house. I figure if I got it and post pictures on here it would make it easier for others to fabricate. here is where i got it

http://www.ottopaap.com/pages/custom.../Product/29716

free shipping on orders over $100 use code "otto"
Old 05-15-2013, 07:07 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-15-2013, 07:08 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

When I first saw this I thought uncle Si was on here
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-31-2013, 10:55 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

ok guys I got my exmark jack installed. this thing came in 4 pieces. install was pretty easy and it really works great. here is how it worked... first i had to take off the ultra vac weights across the front, then the foot plate where your feet rest on the machine. then they had a U-shaped bracket that went over the cross-member. then to that bolted a steel plate that had a 2" receiver (like whats on your truck) so now there is a U-shape bracket over the cross-member with a 2" receiver under the cross-member. next i had to re-install the foot plate and ultra vac weights. the only visible piece now is the 2" receiver. when i want to use the jack there is a mount that slides into the receiver and uses a pin like a ball mount for a trailer. this piece has the mount for the jack. the jack mounts to the bracket and away you go. now there are some important things to note here.... the mount for the jack is not square to the machine. when you first put the jack on the jack is on an angle leaning away from the machine so that as you jack the machine up the jack gets closer and closer to vertical. when the jack is fully extended it is just about vertical. (take that into account if you want to fab your own up, if you have the jack vertical at the start when you jack it up it would be at a severe angle) I keep the bracket attached to the jack and just use the pin in the receiver to mount and dismount the unit. it really stands the mower up.. the most space you could get under there without lifting the rear wheels off the ground, it almost bottoms out the engine deck. money well spent... i will try to get some pictures up on here soon..
Old 06-02-2013, 09:23 PM
LawnSite Member

I use these jacks,they where made for snowmobiles but they work perfect for my Toro and Exmark,i carry one on the trailer and one in the garage.
Attached Images