Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-04-2013, 01:46 AM
LawnSite Member

Largest property is about 1.5 acres and as for standing all day I wouldn't be uncomfortable at all (mind you I stand all day dirt biking so this is way easier)
I find the contour of the padding on the prostance helps hugely for comfort and support.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:09 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimum Lawn View Post
So got a chance to do some slopes so here be my opinion....
It will still get away from you just like a Z...lol.
Pointing the front down slope and at a certain point/angle the rears will start to loose traction.(Have to bring my level next week and see at what angle it takes off). Doing side hills if you keep the front end pointed slightly up slope it sticks...just do not let the front end point down slope.
Never at any point when climbing some steep slopes does the front end ever hint at lifting (but I am only 145lbs wet)....backing down slopes either straight down or on a angle then traversing up always keeping the front pointed slightly to fully up slope is the way I will work it and it sticks like glue.

The Hydrostatic drive is frikken awesome...the more I get use to it, the more I love it ....very very precise in execution...move the levers and it responds now with no free wheelin at any point.

So next week I will figure out the angles I am working on on this one property to give a better idea

So far lovin the machine and yup love this standing thing much better than sitting

Well engineered Gravely
The only time I ever lost traction was going down steep slopes at first. But the better I got with the controls and positioning I learned how to keep the wheels turning to almost prevent sliding. In my opinion its better than a ZTR but not as good as a walkbehind on steep hills.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-04-2013, 09:33 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiffyspark View Post
Do you have any large properties? I'm wondering how it will be standing for a while at a time.

Mine would be my main mower along with a walk behind.

I can get a 52 pro stance and a 34 walk behind plus other stuff for 11k
Posted via Mobile Device
spend $1000 more and you'll get fleet pricing
Old 05-04-2013, 09:37 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

It came out to 13 something minus 20% right?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-04-2013, 12:17 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
The only time I ever lost traction was going down steep slopes at first. But the better I got with the controls and positioning I learned how to keep the wheels turning to almost prevent sliding. In my opinion its better than a ZTR but not as good as a walkbehind on steep hills.
Posted via Mobile Device
Agreed 100%
Has a lot more control than a Z, but not quite as much as a WB...though not sure if it is by much if I was trying to control a 61" hydrostatic drive WB in my circumstance.... a 36" WB wins here
Old 06-04-2013, 11:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Just wanted to share a picture I took with the Pro stance demo I had. Guys I'm telling you if you are are trying to decide on a mower don't rule out Gravley. At least give them a try and have a demo set up for your self. Just like GMLC Gravely went out there way to get in contact with me and the rep personally met me so I could pick up the mower.

I think this mower is amazing. I'm currently suffering a herniated disk and I felt a heck of a lot better after riding on the pro stance than I do with a sit down mower. Of course the cut quality was amazing, Just like in GMLC pictures. I believe I had last years model but the cut can only get better with the new deck they came out with.

Here ya go

"There is no such thing as failure. There are only results." – Tony Robbins

Enough Said...

Last edited by Blades Lawn Maintenance; 06-04-2013 at 11:58 PM.
Old 06-05-2013, 06:32 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Very nice! Thanks for your thoughts on the machine. The features Gravely thought of on the Pro-Stance make it a top contender in the stander world. The quality is the best I have seen on any stander, the frame is massive!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by GMLC; 06-05-2013 at 06:38 AM.
Old 06-16-2013, 05:07 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades Lawn Maintenance View Post
Just wanted to share a picture I took with the Pro stance demo I had. Guys I'm telling you if you are are trying to decide on a mower don't rule out Gravley. At least give them a try and have a demo set up for your self. Just like GMLC Gravely went out there way to get in contact with me and the rep personally met me so I could pick up the mower.

I think this mower is amazing. I'm currently suffering a herniated disk and I felt a heck of a lot better after riding on the pro stance than I do with a sit down mower. Of course the cut quality was amazing, Just like in GMLC pictures. I believe I had last years model but the cut can only get better with the new deck they came out with.

Here ya go

And who says southern grasses don't stripe!!!!!
Old 06-16-2013, 10:40 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
And who says southern grasses don't stripe!!!!!
Lol

It's not as good as up there but it fine for me

"There is no such thing as failure. There are only results." – Tony Robbins

Enough Said...
Old 06-18-2013, 10:10 PM
LawnSite Member

I just demo'd a pro stance. Was it just my machine or does the left handle controller shut the engine off? I don't mind how the grandstand cuts the PTO off if you let the handle go. But the pro stance was shutting off when I hit bumps and my arms bounced up. Also to open a gate or pick up trash the mower turned off every time. Very annoying

I liked the fit and finish of the wrights and toro/exmark a little better. Bad boy not so much. Not yet able to demo a vride. But the dealer is close. Hope to pull trigger soon