Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather
Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 07:30 AM
LawnSite Member

Excellent. The other thing is the obsession with sugar. Agree, too much simple sugar should be avoided. All one has to do is learn to read the labels and looks for less grams of sugar. If you want less there are many choices that still have some carbohydrates (more complex sugar which is preferable) but retains the potassium and sodium for electrolytes. Glad to see some science articles cited here now.
Old 06-07-2013, 08:37 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Link's?
What link's?
I don't need no stinkin' link's/

Just like any politician or government agency announcing the results of from spending $100,000 to tell us something that we know from common sense.

Water is a diuretic. Well then so is food because anything that contains water is a diuretic.

Your expert claims coffee is not a diuretic.
Then he says it is if you drink enough.
First he says no then he says yes.
The expert you like to cite has no problems speaking out of both sides of his mouth.

Old 06-07-2013, 08:52 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
More misinformation. Normal urine color is pale yellow caused by a normal pigment called urochrome. Perfectly clear urine is a sign of over hydration which left unchecked can lead to hydro toxicity.
Posted via Mobile Device
Normal urine color is not what I am talking about.

Long distance runners. As in Cross Country do not have people handing out little cups of water during the race. They need to be fully hydrated. It take about 3 hours before a race to get fully hydrated. First 2 hours of drinking water. Drinking means sipping not chugging. Trying to get hydrated does not mean holding in your urine. Body wants to go you piss. Allows 1 hour before the race for the water to pass through the stomach so you do not have any sloshing around making you uncomfortable. As soon as the urine turns clear you know that you are fully hydrated and do not need to drink any more.

Old 06-07-2013, 10:05 AM
LawnSite Member

Depends on the distance and temp and humidity. Ever heard of a black flag warning? Year before I went through OCS at Quantico they lost two candidates on a long march because they didn't have enough water available and no one was overseeing their unrecognized need to remain hydrated, basically making everyone drink whether they felt a need to or not. Here is an explanation of the various flag warnings. In every case water per hour is specified. Yes, starting our hydrated is good but it is an ongoing job even when you don't feel like drinking. www.nhweather.net/FlagConditionsExplain.html

Here is explanation of WGBT: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wet_Bulb_Globe_Temperature
Old 06-07-2013, 10:15 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32vld View Post
Link's?
What link's?
I don't need no stinkin' link's/

Just like any politician or government agency announcing the results of from spending $100,000 to tell us something that we know from common sense.

Water is a diuretic. Well then so is food because anything that contains water is a diuretic.

Your expert claims coffee is not a diuretic.
Then he says it is if you drink enough.
First he says no then he says yes.
The expert you like to cite has no problems speaking out of both sides of his mouth.

Typical New Yorker.

Water is not a diuretic if you're thirsty.

Water is a diuretic if you're not thirsty.

Like I said, it's obvious that you know more than the folks at Mayo. You were fired from your position there because you were going to expose all their secrets.

I'm done unless there is something intelligent posted in this thread, which won't be coming from NY.
Old 06-07-2013, 11:11 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Body does not need any diuretic. It self regulates it's water level.

Those with poor health such as heart conditions need a diuretic/water pill so they do not retain too much water.

People get into trouble by ignoring that they are thirsty and sweating.

People that do strenuous physical work like the runners know they need to get fully hydrated. So they should drink lots of water once they get up before they start working then drink through out the day. As they urinate they will be able to tell if they are drinking enough.

There are the people that will have 3 cups of in the morning with breakfast. A cup or before lunch, cup with lunch, cup afternoon break. Lots of people drink 6 cups of coffee a day.

I do not need a scientist to tell me tea is a diuretic. I drink water through out the day. I have more then one cup of tea in the morning I will have to urinate more often on the same amount of water intake.

Can not tell my body tea/coffee is not a diuretic.

Old 06-07-2013, 05:11 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The creation of Gatorade is a legacy. UF players were falling on their faces in the Florida heat. UF physicians and chemists came up with the fluid to increase player heat tolerance and stamina. It did and still does. Its a proven scientific fact as well as common practice knowledge. Arguing to the contrary is just ignorant stubborness.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-07-2013, 05:38 PM
LawnSite Member

Seriously? Your all pretty. Geez how are you fighting over something so stupid? People live in different environments and require different things to hydrate and keep going throughout the day. Last time I checked no one here was a scientist, and God only knows if the websites being brought up are even credible. Were here to support and give encouraging beneficial information to others, not fight!
Old 06-07-2013, 06:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

HaHa! Point taken..... But does that I can claim the world's greatest hot dogs even though I am upstate? Speaking of hot dogs, I am starving! How do you guys like your dogs? Chicago style? Rhode Island style? Michagan style? It's funny but here in upstate new york, there are "michigan stands." These are hot dogs with a spicy hamburger sauce, onions, and mustard. They are absolutely delicious and I guess come from Greek Immigrants in Michigan. One of those immigrants came to upstate New York and the rest is history.... Google "Michigan Hot Dogs, Plattsburgh, NY"
Closed Thread