Register free!
Search
 
     

Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 05-03-2013, 12:27 PM
bcg bcg is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Tx
Posts: 1,775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
You may have read it, but you didn't understand it. The allowed water times doesn't have to be "even".
No, you're not understanding me. I didn't say the allowed watering times needed to be even, I said the example that you pointed to gave restrictions for watering only on even days but not on Wed, with a watering window of like 10P - 4A or something. I'm not restricted to only watering on even days or only 1 day, my restrictions span 2 days. If I'm allowed to water from 8P Sun - 4A Mon and I tell the controller it's allowed to water on Sun and Mon, but no other days, and then I tell it that the allowed watering window is 8P - 11:45P and 12A - 4A, like the example you pointed to, then it's going to water when I'm allowed but it is also going to water from 12A - 4A Sun when I'm not allowed to and from 8P - 11:45P Mon when I'm not allowed to. This is my problem and you're example on Page 18 does not solve it.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-05-2013, 03:35 PM
action1's Avatar
action1 action1 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Houston TX
Posts: 28
Why don't you just set 2 programs? A program for Sunday with the desired start time and second program for
Monday with different start time.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-05-2013, 05:32 PM
bcg bcg is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Tx
Posts: 1,775
Quote:
Originally Posted by action1 View Post
Why don't you just set 2 programs? A program for Sunday with the desired start time and second program for
Monday with different start time.
Posted via Mobile Device
That's not how the SMT works.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-05-2013, 06:25 PM
1idejim's Avatar
1idejim 1idejim is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: State of Jefferson
Posts: 6,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcg View Post
That's not how the SMT works.
would changing to military time help?

then the format would read like 22:00 to 04:00 for example.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-05-2013, 11:15 PM
action1's Avatar
action1 action1 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Houston TX
Posts: 28
I was thinking of the ESP me. Sometimes simple is better .
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-06-2013, 09:36 AM
Kiril Kiril is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: District 9 CA
Posts: 18,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcg View Post
No, you're not understanding me. I didn't say the allowed watering times needed to be even, I said the example that you pointed to gave restrictions for watering only on even days but not on Wed, with a watering window of like 10P - 4A or something. I'm not restricted to only watering on even days or only 1 day, my restrictions span 2 days. If I'm allowed to water from 8P Sun - 4A Mon and I tell the controller it's allowed to water on Sun and Mon, but no other days, and then I tell it that the allowed watering window is 8P - 11:45P and 12A - 4A, like the example you pointed to, then it's going to water when I'm allowed but it is also going to water from 12A - 4A Sun when I'm not allowed to and from 8P - 11:45P Mon when I'm not allowed to. This is my problem and you're example on Page 18 does not solve it.
If the above were the case, then the example also would not work.

Per the example, it would suggest that start time 1 initiates the schedule, not start time 2, in effect meaning it will not skip over a start time 1 window in order to water during a start time 2 window. Set the controller to water on Sunday with the appropriate start times per the example. Also per the example, you don't allow watering on Monday.

If you would, report the results back here, or perhaps you should just call RB tech support and have them clarify the example for you.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-06-2013, 10:50 PM
1idejim's Avatar
1idejim 1idejim is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: State of Jefferson
Posts: 6,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
I

perhaps you should just call RB tech support and have them clarify the example for you.
Last time, Jim Lewis answered the phone. He was quite helpful and suggested that ML, Chief, Toots and us other hanger-ons take a cruise.





ya know i'm kidding
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-07-2013, 01:33 PM
Mike Leary's Avatar
Mike Leary Mike Leary is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Port Angeles, Washington
Posts: 20,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1idejim View Post
He was quite helpful and suggested that ML, Chief, Toots and us other hanger-ons take a cruise.
The liner is called the M.V. "Ship of fools".
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-07-2013, 01:51 PM
Rotor_Tool's Avatar
Rotor_Tool Rotor_Tool is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In the trenches
Posts: 349
Page 8 and 9 of the contractor manual explain how to achieve your desired watering window....

http://www.rainbird.com/documents/tu...MTe-CTR_EN.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-07-2013, 07:01 PM
CAPT Stream Rotar's Avatar
CAPT Stream Rotar CAPT Stream Rotar is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Cape Cod, Ma
Posts: 5,453
Jesus Christ cycle and soak as much ad possible

Goodnight
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:44 PM.

Page generated in 0.07246 seconds with 9 queries