Register free!

Old 06-12-2013, 10:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickhippy View Post
Any of you Southern guys run the newish Super Z?
Mickhippy

I don't mow but I see the Right Of Way and lot mowing companies using the 72 inch models. They appear to be reliable because those people are running them from morning to night with no rest.

I can say one way or an other about the Cut because they are cutting mostly weeds. But for weeds mowing the cut doesn't look bad. BTW I remember Hustlers being rear discharge over 20 years ago. Not many mower are rear discharge, But I think that is an advantage.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:35 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I stopped stressing the weather years ago.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Here is my yard and st augustine and i'm in tennessee!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 06-13-2013, 06:31 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
Mickhippy

I don't mow but I see the Right Of Way and lot mowing companies using the 72 inch models. They appear to be reliable because those people are running them from morning to night with no rest.

I can say one way or an other about the Cut because they are cutting mostly weeds. But for weeds mowing the cut doesn't look bad. BTW I remember Hustlers being rear discharge over 20 years ago. Not many mower are rear discharge, But I think that is an advantage.
Thanks Ric.
The SZ would be great for that kind of thing, where a few clumps here and there dont matter. Also, it seems the 72" isnt a problem with clumping, just the 60".
St Aug is very similar to our Sir Walter (buffalo) and causes me all kinds of problems with clumping.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:36 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickhippy View Post
Thanks Ric.
The SZ would be great for that kind of thing, where a few clumps here and there dont matter. Also, it seems the 72" isnt a problem with clumping, just the 60".
St Aug is very similar to our Sir Walter (buffalo) and causes me all kinds of problems with clumping.
If you are on the new deck which I am assuming I do not have a issue with clumping. Mine is a x-one and not the super but I generally do not have a issue with clumping even in wetter conditions. I will note however I removed the side discharge in the first week and have since installed a chute blocker. The new deck IMHO is a discharge machine.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 06-14-2013, 08:29 AM
LawnSite Member

mickhippy im running two new hustlers a xone 54 in and a super z 60 in the xone has a mulching kit on it and the super i side discharge very happy with the new hustlers one the southern turf
Old 06-14-2013, 08:59 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I get a great actual cut but I do get a lot of clumping. If any of you have followed the Super Z Updates thread you would of seen what Im going through. Its happening with the X1 as well so its deck, not machine related.
Anyway, if anyone has had the clumping problems, Id love to know what you did to fix it. Ive tried all kinds of blades, several turbo baffles and even cut a piece out of the deck, which is no back on it. Even deck pitch has been played with.