Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-13-2013, 01:08 PM
LawnSite Member

Bobcat 60" How to make it stripe better?

Hey guys I just bought a 4 year old bobcat 60" zero turn with a kawi 23hp. My blades are high lift and I have the deck leaning 1/4" front to back (front is lower than the back). Blades are sharp also. How can I make it stripe better? The stock striping kit I'd just an bar that replaces the rear deck wheels and sucks, it doesn't do crap... Can anyone suggest any manufacturers that make any kits for these mowers? I've also been recommended to try to use two standard lifts and then a high lift on the shoot side. Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:34 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Make sure your blades are what you check the pitch on, not the deck. A lot of decks have front skirts that are slightly, ot a lot higher than the sides and rear skirt. The two outer blades themselves should be pitched 1/4" front to back and level side to side when checking them over a nice and deal flat surface. Even a slightly imperfect surface (like most concrete floors have) can throw the readings way off.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:29 PM
LawnSite Member

You can buy a bigleaguelawns striping kit. I put one on my mower and love it..
http://www.bigleaguelawns.com/

A good friend will bail you out of jail but a best friend will be sitting next to you saying dang that was fun..
Old 06-13-2013, 03:41 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Build your own big league stripe kit. Cost me about $75 and striped mean when I had it on last year

PlowSite-SnowFakers
Old 06-14-2013, 01:38 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandFakers View Post
Build your own big league stripe kit. Cost me about $75 and striped mean when I had it on last year
On the big league site you can buy just the hardware kit for under $50, then all you need to source are the wheels. I was short on time so i bought the whole thing but they are really expensive for what you get. It does work great though.

A good friend will bail you out of jail but a best friend will be sitting next to you saying dang that was fun..

Tags
blades , bobcat , striping kit