Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-13-2013, 11:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

We used to use those aluminum ramps to put two 48" scag walk behinds in the Ed of a 72 Chevrolet pickup. They had a cable that hooked to the bumper to hold them in place on the tailgate.
Shindaiwa t-270, eb-630
Scag giant vac w/ 18 hp vanguard
Redmax 8500
Old 06-13-2013, 11:57 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnMyOwn View Post
Ridin green ... I am with you. hOA perpetuates attorney fees and power trips for educationally lacking types that cant give their opinjns in a 40 plus hour workworld.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yep. Generally the type that tell everyone else how they should be so accepting of others, how to live, what to eat or wear, how to worship, but have all their rules to keep all those people they supposedly stand up for, out of their neighborhood unless they meet "their" approval.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:57 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

If I were in your spot I would consider a more permanent ramp that was sturdy and folded away like this one http://www.rdsi.ca/ProductInfo.asp?sProduct=9087 or this http://home.earthlink.net/~pmdeans/ezn/details.html or this http://www.pickupspecialties.com/Loa...gate_ramps.htm
Old 06-14-2013, 12:01 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

To knox gsl

Very cool...thx
Old 06-14-2013, 12:19 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah yeah....HOA's suck and blah blah. Don't get me wrong, they do.........but the individual doesn't have to live there...no one is making them...It is a choice...if you want to buy a house in a neighborhood that has an HOA and you look at the HOA contract and see you can't fly a flag on your property and still sign the contract, you have no basis to b*tch.

"hOA perpetuates attorney fees and power trips for educationally lacking types that cant give their opinjns in a 40 plus hour workworld." And you can always say........"no, i don't want to live in your neighborhood because of these rules."

It boggles the mind that people that hate HOA's because "other people want you to live by their rules." want to move into an HOA and change their rules to suit their lives....

I don't see why people want to complain about something like an HOA when you have a choice to live under that HOA? Did someone force you to live there under those rules?

I know many people that pass on buying a home based on the HOA rules.

Another good saying...."Don't move into a home next to the railroad tracks and b*tch about the trains that go by." Pretty simple logic.

btw...getting a good set of ramps is a good idea...I wouldn't get the folding kind, but I would strengthen them.
Old 06-14-2013, 12:25 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaberLawnCare View Post
Yeah yeah....HOA's suck and blah blah. Don't get me wrong, they do.........but the individual doesn't have to live there...no one is making them...It is a choice...if you want to buy a house in a neighborhood that has an HOA and you look at the HOA contract and see you can't fly a flag on your property and still sign the contract, you have no basis to b*tch.

"hOA perpetuates attorney fees and power trips for educationally lacking types that cant give their opinjns in a 40 plus hour workworld." And you can always say........"no, i don't want to live in your neighborhood because of these rules."

It boggles the mind that people that hate HOA's because "other people want you to live by their rules." want to move into an HOA and change their rules to suit their lives....

I don't see why people want to complain about something like an HOA when you have a choice to live under that HOA? Did someone force you to live there under those rules?

I know many people that pass on buying a home based on the HOA rules.

Another good saying...."Don't move into a home next to the railroad tracks and b*tch about the trains that go by." Pretty simple logic.

btw...getting a good set of ramps is a good idea...I wouldn't get the folding kind, but I would strengthen them.
I agree 100% on this. I wish that I lived in an HOA neighborhood. To many of my neighbors have gotten trashy over the last few years.
Old 06-14-2013, 12:33 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hoa

Yes, yuck! However, ours has been through 8 mgr changes in 9 years. Random application of rules based on favortism overrides any effectivness that may peek it's head through the red tape. Sad, really.
Old 06-14-2013, 05:08 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Didn't read all the advice but if I only had one mower that I used I'd go with a landscape bed. Or a GOOD set of fold down ramps from handy ramp ( I think that's the place that had them). My number 1 choice would be the Eco series from SLT. Hard to beat that small of a rig with a 10 second hydro ramp. There you have it a good, better, and best in my opinion.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-14-2013, 08:15 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I'm using Great Day 1 piece heavy duty ramps. Each ramp is rated at 1800 pounds. My ramps are chained to my trailer to make them harder to walk off with and to assure they won't separate from the trailer when loading and unloading. The rungs of the ramp are very close together to make it easier to get stuff like push mowers on and off.

http://www.discountramps.com/lawn-mower-ramp.htm

Old 06-14-2013, 08:17 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I would checkout on the web some ramp sites... I got a 12' set of aluminum ramps from discountramps.com they were pretty $$, but at 12' long you don't have to worry about bottoming out and they are rated at 1,000lb.